What's new

Coin drought ends with Big Silver

Mr. Digger

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2014
Messages
724
Reaction score
2,001
Golden Thread
1
Location
MASATHVSETS
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some ok relics recently, but I've been on a serious coin drought for weeks. I finally broke through this weekend with my second Walker. I scratched it....oh well. It came out of a dry sandy field but was almost jet black with tarnish so I decided to take some baking soda too it to pretty it up a bit.
 

Attachments

  • 1902 IH.webp
    1902 IH.webp
    54.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 1945 Walker.webp
    1945 Walker.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 130
  • bottle.webp
    bottle.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Lantern Parts.webp
    Lantern Parts.webp
    30.4 KB · Views: 127
  • ornate stuff.webp
    ornate stuff.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 125
  • saddle shield.webp
    saddle shield.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 124
  • spoon etc.webp
    spoon etc.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Whatsits.webp
    Whatsits.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 26
Nice relics, and congratulations on the IH and the Walker.
 
That's a heck of way to end a "drought"!!! :thumbsup:
 
Couldn't think of a better way to end a silver drought. Nice looking Indian and a sweet pile of relics.
 
Love those walkers
 
Been on a silver drought myself until yesterday's rosey, however the walker is a great way to break out. Cool relics you have there and the bottle is a bit different, looks like it doesn't stand on end.
 
Wow, a couple keeper coins and many cool relics. Looks like you were hunting a promising site.
 
Some good looking stuff there - I like the IH almost as much as the Walker - (still looking for my 1st IH)
 
The circular object in Photo #6, with the screw threads in it - what would you say that is? I have something very similar, and will share my ideas if so liked.
 
The circular object in Photo #6, with the screw threads in it - what would you say that is? I have something very similar, and will share my ideas if so liked.

It's an ox knob...went on the tip of oxen horns so that they didn't stab each other when working side by side. They were screwed on and then the tip would be cut off. Pretty common find, and I'm sure you come across them in Maine. They give a really good signal!
 
I love those halves. Nice assortment of bits, too. Congrats on a rewarding day.

Steve
 
well well well, that's one way to break a slump!, awesome walker!!!
 
Nice assortment of finds, liking the silver for sure and the IH is one that would crack a smile.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom