What's new

Coin Garden

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm planning a coin garden to learn my new E-trac (Thank You Mike @ Woodlands).

I figure I'll put in some clad, a 40% Kennedy, a Franklin, an Ike, an old 10K ring, some pull tabs, a beer can or two, and some foil. I'll also include some general hardware like nuts, bolts and nails. This hsould give me a nice variety of tones and readings.

My questions are, how big should I make the area? How do you mark the specific target area? What is a good amount of targets to bury? Is it better to have somedoby else bury the targets and mark their general vacinity with a marker flag?

I've never made one before so I could use all the help I can get.
 
you could use paint sticks or something like that. Know what your target is, so you can get familiar with the tone it gives you when you are testing the machine.
 
oh, and make sure, however big you make your garden, shouldn't have to be too big. Big enough for individual items to give off their own tone and not interrupt each other. Make sure you go over the area FIRST before planting your targets and get anything and everything out of it. You don't want to make a garden only to find out it has a bunch of other targets already in it!
 
Make sure you add a nickel as well as an indian head and wheat penny so you can see how their numbers compare.
Shane
 
bury youe wedding ring, since you will be searching for gold!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom