What's new

Coin help.

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
Looking at my pennies I found this year and discovered an odd shaped coin larger than a penny. The edge looks hand cut, so I am suspicious that this a hammered coin? I don't think its silver. I may use the electrolysis machine on it. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1704.webp
    IMG_1704.webp
    64.5 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_1710.webp
    IMG_1710.webp
    56.9 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_1711.webp
    IMG_1711.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_1712.webp
    IMG_1712.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_1713.webp
    IMG_1713.webp
    37.9 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_1714.webp
    IMG_1714.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_1715.webp
    IMG_1715.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 465
I´d say: shoot the rats that ate it !! :violent1:

:laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
I think I'll take CRUSADERS advise and put it in a special place. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
No amount of cleaning will help that slug. Its not a hammered coin of any description. Just a mystery blank...

I think it "is" a hammered coin. By that, I mean, it is a coin someone hammered on.

Les
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom