What's new

Coin Huntin at Work Really Pays Off!

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2005
Messages
1,798
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Had to work my part time job yesterday at our local convenience store at the day started out great as i was relieving my co worker so she could go home she asked me if i could roll some nickels for her and of course i said no problem and i grabbed a handful from her drawer and saw a buffalo which is cool and then another one and another one,ended up being 8 buffaloes!she kept one and let me have the rest,she said a older gentleman used em to buy smokes.So thru out my day i was able to check some of our rolled coins and came out with a nice 43D war nickel and 5 nickels dated,47,53d,41,46 and 54d.the buffs dates were,26d,37,30,36,36 and 2 unreadable.i was extremely happy with the finds and then lucked into 2 silver quarters(both 64) to top it off.not to shabby of a work day ya know? peace,bigrig
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0023.webp
    IMG_0023.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_0024.webp
    IMG_0024.webp
    41.5 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_0025.webp
    IMG_0025.webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 455
  • IMG_0027.webp
    IMG_0027.webp
    46.4 KB · Views: 449
Upvote 0
That is cool. Nice work. :thumbsup:
 
Yes it sure does. Awesome finds.

Golden Silver
 
One of those "unreadables" is a 1918 (next to the 26). Great finds!
 
Good job! Check those 36 for three leg buff. Great luck on those silver quarters also!
 
I wish that I had come to this site 20+ years ago when I worked in retail. Back then I probably could have pulled in so much silver that I could have taken a nice vacation. Being the assistant manager I was constantly counting drawers out at the end of the day. How hard would it have been to look at the edges of all of the coins? Oh well, hind site is always 20/20. I'm sure that it is much tougher today. But you've shown that it can still be worthwhile.

Way to go on the finds!
 
I don't know about the rest of you, I've searched through thousands of coins in a day and have wished to find as much as this. Great Job!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom