Coin machine finds

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skunked on a box of halves today, but had some fun with finds in and around the coin machine. Found the coins below, and a paper US dollar when the machine was opened for a bag change,

I like the 1956 UK two shilling.

Attachments

• image-2472577659.jpg
    image-2472577659.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 0
Thanks Sag. I had high hopes it might be silver when I found it, but looked it up on my iPhone and found out that it was not.

On an unrelated note, I was looking through my bag of foreign last night and decided to look up a 1975 New Hebrides 10 Franc coin that I found in rejects a while back. The coin looks uncirculated. Not sure how big the market is for the coin, but it looks like it could be worth anywhere between 10 and 40 bucks. Quickly put it in a 2x2 protector.

I was at TD this morning when a teller actually took apart the coin machine (not just opened it). You wouldn't believe the amount of coins attached to the magnet inside (this is separate from the magnet in the removeable hopper on the top). Just fistfulls of foreign. I asked if they would sell any of it and the teller said they have to "send it all in". Although insignificant for a bank like TD, they must collect a ton of foreign coin off their machines, and it's probably convenient that a Canadian bank like TD collects so much Canadian coin from the magnet.

If the machine eats the forigen. Isn't that like stealing. Seems like if I out a coin in andthe machine takes it and I.do not.get it back or money for.it. I've.been robed.

I talk to a coinstar guy yesterday and he said the new machines coming out dont have the magnet and they fall into the reject tray in the front. But if you have crapy us coins they go into the tray inside the machine. He also said they dont keep silver it comes out into the reject tray in the front.

I talk to a coinstar guy yesterday and he said the new machines coming out dont have the magnet and they fall into the reject tray in the front. But if you have crapy us coins they go into the tray inside the machine. He also said they dont keep silver it comes out into the reject tray in the front.

All of that is true, I have found silver in reject trays.

On an unrelated note, I was looking through my bag of foreign last night and decided to look up a 1975 New Hebrides 10 Franc coin that I found in rejects a while back. The coin looks uncirculated. Not sure how big the market is for the coin, but it looks like it could be worth anywhere between 10 and 40 bucks. Quickly put it in a 2x2 protector.

The value is $1.85 in UNC.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back