What's new

Coin Maybe?

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
925
Golden Thread
1
Location
NY
🥇 Banner finds
1
Hello all thanks for looking. I dug this up today not to much detail left. But I thought there might be enough to identify what it is. Thanks for any help.

Happy Hunting ,

Bubba65
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1800.webp
    IMG_1800.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_1803.webp
    IMG_1803.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 272
definately appears to be a coin, but you'll have to soak it and clean it up for an i.d.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Guys any sugestions on what to soak it in.

Bubba65
 
Upvote 0
Johnnyi is right, it will need to be cleaned up but from what I can see (or imagine I am seeing) it looks like a capped bust dime or half dime. I don't know enough about early coins sizes to guess for sure.
 
Upvote 0
turtlefoot13 said:
Johnnyi is right, it will need to be cleaned up but from what I can see (or imagine I am seeing) it looks like a capped bust dime or half dime. I don't know enough about early coins sizes to guess for sure.

Agree. Capped bust dime or half dime. I can see the E and the verticle stripes on the shield.

1829_half_dime_v2_rev.JPG


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom