Coin Medal or Token

Slytlytilted

Jun 19, 2007
i found this at a house that was being torn down in williamsport PA but i cant figure out what is is its in pretty bad shape it might be silver or pewter i'm not sure. Printed on it below the bust is George Washington,top left 1789,top part is missing,top right usa 1797. It appears to be made of either silver or pewter there is no rust on the coin at all.Any help identifying this would be greatly appreciated!I also forgot to mention it has the exact same thing on the other side same image same words

Attachments

• Picture010.jpg
    Picture010.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 215
  • Picture010.jpg
    Picture010.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 213
  • Picture010.jpg
    Picture010.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 207

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
I believe this may be one of the unattributed commemorative medals issued in 1932, to mark the bicentennial of Washington's birth. At any rate, apparently the same die was used for the obverse of promotional tokens issued by a number of firms, including Numismatic Scrapbook Magazine, Stack's Coins in the 1930's, and General Motors in the 1960's.

Upvote 0

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Dang PBK. Do you know everything? ever think about trying out for jeopardy? Don't know if you know all this or are just a fast researcher, but I love it when you get in on the whatsits. I just like it a little better when I get a crack at it first.
Cheers!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

Slytlytilted

Jun 19, 2007
Thanks PBK for your information it was driving me crazy trying to figure out.I have another post down on whats it worth ? that i could use your help or anyone else thanks again!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread