Coin silver watch piece, tin with something inside.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a few with the dog. Colder here today. Sure is nice to swing the coil. I go went back to an old spot and there is an 1893 indian on the ground. 1.3 ounces of coin silver Willie left me. I love finding silver!!! The tin is the first I've found with something inside. I found it where there was an old bandstand. Anyone know if its music related? The clasp on the piece looks newer than the TOC era finds I like to get. I love old iron. Hope you find something good!! 0517171305_HDR-1.jpg

0517171305a_HDR-1.jpg

Upvote 9
Great finds...love the watch piece.
Hope you find something else good as well!

Thanks for the posts. I didn't try to hard to find the other piece, but I did try. That way Ill be excited to go back. It was a nice signal! Coin silver= 90 percent silver:) I would love to post the rest of it!

Nothing like the first view of something silver coming out of the dirt. That one would have been a thrill. Congrats!

Nice chunk of silver there!

Thanks, I assumed it was plated or alluminum until I saw the mark. It will be hard to find something that weighs more. You never know.14950579959221526194184.jpg
I was looking at this a little closer, it was found nearby. Moon or sun dial? Or clock, I can't figure it out. It would have a hole for a dial.

Last edited:
Your item in the tin may be a Bakelite, art-deco era, page holder or hair clip. Nice silver score too! Sub 8-)

You found Willie's watch cover! Cool finds man

Thanks, The guy I have permission from is making a few display boxes. Ill give the clip and box to him with some other finds. Ill definatly be stopping by Willies place again!

An Indian and some Silver is a good day out swinging! :occasion14:

awesome finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back