- Joined
- Jan 9, 2007
- Messages
- 14,115
- Reaction score
- 4,540
- Golden Thread
- 4
- Location
- North Carolina
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 5
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Vaquero , Tesoro Silver uMax
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Coin? Token? - I know it's a longshot, but here it is..........
I dug this at a mid-1800's house today. Not sure if it is a coin or token? up. I have no clue what it is. It is either copper or brass, has a plain rim (not reeded) edge, weights 3.5 grams, and measures 23mm in diameter. I thought it may be a 2-cent coin (also 23mm), but it is smooth as a babies butt on both sides. Only a few small bumps on one side.
I know there's not much to go on, but I thought it may be worth a try.
Any ideas??
Thanks,
MM
I dug this at a mid-1800's house today. Not sure if it is a coin or token? up. I have no clue what it is. It is either copper or brass, has a plain rim (not reeded) edge, weights 3.5 grams, and measures 23mm in diameter. I thought it may be a 2-cent coin (also 23mm), but it is smooth as a babies butt on both sides. Only a few small bumps on one side.
I know there's not much to go on, but I thought it may be worth a try.

Any ideas??
Thanks,
MM








