What's new

Coin token ?????????

texan connection

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Messages
4,565
Reaction score
79
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
The first is dollar size the next is nickle size
 

Attachments

  • 100_1076.webp
    100_1076.webp
    41 KB · Views: 475
  • 100_1077.webp
    100_1077.webp
    4 KB · Views: 472
  • 100_1078.webp
    100_1078.webp
    4.6 KB · Views: 465
  • 100_1080.webp
    100_1080.webp
    4.7 KB · Views: 474
First looks like a Greek imitation coin
 
Upvote 0
I had to copy your photos to another program in order to see them (after adding light and contrast to make them out). On the first coin the writing is Greek (which unfortunately is Greek to me) and the bust on the obverse is reminiscent to Alexander the Great. A reproduction?

Where's PBK?
 
Upvote 0
The first pic is sideways and cropped; the last two are too dark to see. I guess it wasnt you that took the pictures.
 
Upvote 0
Likely Guy said:
I had to copy your photos to another program in order to see them (after adding light and contrast to make them out). On the first coin the writing is Greek (which unfortunately is Greek to me) and the bust on the obverse is reminiscent to Alexander the Great. A reproduction?

Where's PBK?
From now on, I decided to ignore bad pictures from members that should know better and not even try to ID because it takes too much of my time trying to make them viewable. But here they are a little better for anyone interested. Im not even going to try with the first cropped pic. Interesting token. 8)
token unk texan.webptoken unk texan rev.webp
 
Upvote 0
nice finds TC, now I need to go find something LOL
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • game counter radiant eagle.gif
    game counter radiant eagle.gif
    20.1 KB · Views: 385
Upvote 0
Thanks agien yall, I did take the pics but dident have anyone to hold the light for me today, Thanks agien.
 
Upvote 0
Outside daylight is the best lighting.
 
Upvote 0
please take a much clearer picture of the greek lettering on the first coin and I'll try to translate it.

ΙΛΙΓΓ then there is a symbol I can't make out.
 
Upvote 0
Im sure its just a play token of some kind Heres abetter pic Its as big as a silver dollar
 

Attachments

  • 100_1087.webp
    100_1087.webp
    43.9 KB · Views: 305
  • 100_1088.webp
    100_1088.webp
    29 KB · Views: 311
Upvote 0
The coin is a poor copy and weak translation of an Apollo and the Olympic Chariot coin

coin_philip_ii_s.JPG

Pic from Livius.Org, with permission.
 
Upvote 0
It appears to be painted brass, not plastic i cant find anything about the game haveing Brass gaming pieces
 
Upvote 0
TEXAN Connection said:
It appears to be painted brass, not plastic i cant find anything about the game haveing Brass gaming pieces

True, that is why I deleted that post... about the Ave Caeser game - it was not correct.
 
Upvote 0
Its unusual with the face underneath the horse.
 
Upvote 0
Dang Albert, looks like you bought a bag of fakes! Where'd you get those coins anyway? Monty
 
Upvote 0
Ohh I got some good ones also, a few golds and a lot of silver. Im just getting down to not much good stuff left, i still have about 50 lbs of coins though. Bought them from antique dealer a while back and just going through them slowly. If you look my post in whatsit the last few months youll see some good ones.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
7
Views
642
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Mystery token
Replies
8
Views
740

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom