What's new

Coin??? token????

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
7,400
Reaction score
2,687
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vancouver WA
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this today along with a ugly penny, Anyone know what it is
 

Attachments

  • scan0001 - Copy.webp
    scan0001 - Copy.webp
    16.3 KB · Views: 577
  • scan0002 - Copy.webp
    scan0002 - Copy.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 630
idahotokens said:
Chinese "cash" coin
John in ID
Its actually a modern replica of a Chinese cash coin. You can tell by the background "dots" that are not on originals. You can ID it by this chart. Looks like Tao-Kwong.
 

Attachments

  • chinese cash.webp
    chinese cash.webp
    131.4 KB · Views: 1,012
  • chinese cash.webp
    chinese cash.webp
    131.4 KB · Views: 570
Upvote 0
OK not to be argumentative but i see some dot's on the chart that you showed???? what is the composition of the coin, brass aluminum and weight if known????
 
Upvote 0
I have a couple modern replicas myself and I'd say yours is one. :)
 
Upvote 0
I don't disagree that it is a replica its that everytime i hunt this park /beach i find the weirdest things.
this is the only time that i have never found a silver ring and I have not ever found a gold ring in this park.

It is the most trash free park i have ever seen I can swing for 15 minutes and not get one hit very few tabs or other junk!!! during the summer it is packed with people even today there were time trials for dragon boat racer's going on and they were very nice and offered me a chance to run on a canoe to see how well i could paddle there course!!!! No way that looked like way to much effort for Me!!!!


I averaged 3 coins for every other find which is normal for this park!!!!!

Starting may first vancouver strarted up their $3:00 parking fee Again so i had to walk in hiking about 1.25 miles to save $3.00!!!
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thank you for the ID I Now know its a replica Thanks To bigCyprushunter!!!!!
Just wondering what the next weird thing i pull from this park is!!!!! HH All
Guess ill give this to my step son for his collection of foreign coins i have found note including the silver ones!!!!! lol
 
Upvote 0
Chug said:
Thank you for the ID I Now know its a replica Thanks To bigCyprushunter!!!!!
Just wondering what the next weird thing i pull from this park is!!!!! HH All
Guess ill give this to my step son for his collection of foreign coins i have found note including the silver ones!!!!! lol
Its a replica TAO-KWONG from the BOO CIOWAN (Board of Revenue mint). :D :wink:
 
Upvote 0
gave t to my son with a note telling what it is Thanks Chug!!!!!
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom