Coinmaster GT checkout

DadOfTwo

Nov 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster GT, Vulcan 360 pp.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CL seller and I reached an agreement on a used Coinmaster GT. Will meet him tomorrow. I've never used one, so looking for tips on inspection and field testing

1. Of course, the usual visual inspection. I figure scuffs on the bottom of the coil should be a pretty good indicator of wear?
2. I guess an air test using a clad dime? (I don't have any silvers or gold rings) I'll make sure and bring batteries.
3. Suggestions?

If it's still under the 24 month warranty, I wouldn't worry too much. If he doesn't have the receipt, you can give White's a call with the serial #.

The serial number is located on a sticker inside the unit where the battery tray slides in. If it is missing say thanks but no thanks and leave.
Machine should have a button that says beach on it, there are several versions, the early one did not have the beach button from the factory but they would send you the stuff to add it..
Download the manual from whites and read it so you have an idea of what buttons do what.
How much are you paying? I would expect he should be able to show you his invoice with a price of about $399.. if he has no paper work, I would walk..

Is that 24-month warrantee transferable? They usually aren't....

Is that 24-month warrantee transferable? They usually aren't....
Yes, here is the warranty page on Whites Site, scroll down to the bottom where it explains what you get.. It is from original date of purchase and does not matter who or how many have owned it. Make sure that sticker is on it or there is no warranty.
Your best bet is to ask the seller for the serial number an call Whites to see if was registered and how much warranty is left if any.

Warranty Submission

Last edited:
oops

Last edited:
Not a fan of the GT... At all.

I bought a coinmaster gt for my family to use when I go out.. Seems to be a great little machine. Finds all the same stuff everyone else finds. And it ground balances. Light too.

I bought a coinmaster gt for my family to use when I go out.. Seems to be a great little machine. Finds all the same stuff everyone else finds. And it ground balances. Light too.

If you feel a CoinGT is light (3.5 pounds), check out Teks, Fishers and Tesoros. Of course the 8 AA batteries compared to a single 9v has a little to do with it.

Just saying..

When you get to be 65, light is nice.:occasion14:

Sorry I haven't been back to this thread. I ended up getting a new package deal on the Black Friday deals, rather than the CL one. I'm enjoying it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back