coins from the 1700's

araanderson

Jul 19, 2018
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 2 coins from the 1700's... they appear to maybe be Swedish? Anyone have an idea what they are their value?

Thanks.

image-1.jpeg image.jpeg

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice finds. I'm sure someone on the forum will help.

Itsmine

Apr 14, 2012
New Lenox, Il.
Detector(s) used
Garrets Coin Comander 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are correct. They are from Sweden. Looks like a 1 ore and a 2 ore. From looking around on the internet, they seem to be going for somewhere in the neighborhood of $25 to $50, depending on grade. This never happens, but when I did a google search, both coins were at the top the page..... https://www.google.com/search?q=176...BAgCEAE&biw=983&bih=707#imgrc=6NR046Gi03vv7M: That 1 ore has very good detail, for being 258 yrs old....

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

araanderson

Jul 19, 2018
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct. They are from Sweden. Looks like a 1 ore and a 2 ore. From looking around on the internet, they seem to be going for somewhere in the neighborhood of $25 to $50, depending on grade. This never happens, but when I did a google search, both coins were at the top the page..... https://www.google.com/search?q=176...BAgCEAE&biw=983&bih=707#imgrc=6NR046Gi03vv7M: That 1 ore has very good detail, for being 258 yrs old....

Thanks Itsmine!I appreciate the info. I've done some further research and am monitoring a few Ore auctions on Ebay. I'm torn on whether to keep these or not... they were probably coins picked up in Sweden by my grandfather when he was doing genealogy research there about my family in the 1980's. But they would just collect dust if I keep them I think.

holepuncher

Oct 5, 2014
Amboy Wa.
Detector(s) used
AT Pro. Equinox.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Itsmine!I appreciate the info. I've done some further research and am monitoring a few Ore auctions on Ebay. I'm torn on whether to keep these or not... they were probably coins picked up in Sweden by my grandfather when he was doing genealogy research there about my family in the 1980's. But they would just collect dust if I keep them I think.

I’m with you, you have the memory of the hunt and pictures. If you keep it, it will collect dust like you said. But then I’m not a big collector of anything, well except for a lot of stuff I may use sometime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions