Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hunted today and came away with 5 coins: 2 from the 20th C, 2 from the 19th C, and 1 from the 18th C. Silver streak is at 3 consecutive hunts and IHPs streak continues now to 17 hunts. Didn't think the IHPs would come today, but in last 15 min I opened a hole with two greenies!
Finds.jpg

Upvote 11
Way to keep the streak going & congrats on the 1700's silver!!!

That's a whole lotta sweetness. Great looking reale

Thanks, Scrappy. Here's a better view of the half reale.obv+rev.jpg

Thanks TRanegar36. I've attached a separate pic of the IHPs. Looks like they were dropped in 1882. injuns.jpg

Thanks DiggerKeith. Definitely a couple "wow" moments today. HH.

Thank you, Art. About the half reale, it's the oldest coin I've recovered, the second 18th century this year, and my second half reale ever.

Congratz! That's a pretty awesome trifecta.... the century trifecta! Too bad you didn't dig one from the 21st century. That would have been the century quadfecta! :headbang:

Three centuries in one hunt is just fantastic. What a great mexico city half real! That lettering is super sharp...I couldn't be that casual about finding that. Feels like pirate treasure.

Congrats on the streak! That is an awesome Reale! That baby is on my bucket list for sure.

Oh boy, those indian heads look amazing, the green patina is gorgeous. I would have been happy finding only the two IHPs but silver makes the hunt a great one, congrats!

Gorgeous reale. Love those greenies too. HH

Very nice coins! The IHCs are sweet, all of mine looked to have been put through paper shredder prior to being lost!

Congrats on the Spanish too. WOW...

Glad to see you are still on a role. That reale is so sweet and those 2 IHs certainly have some detail. Hopefully I can find an IH this weekend. My last 2 permissions are from the early 1900s, but did not produce and IHPs. I certainly love seeing them in the hole.

GL & HH

Thanks L-D. Since we had to leave the park that treated us so well, I've been at another that's more difficult to hunt with all the iron and trash targets, so the streak was bound to end. Went back to see if I could squeek one more IHP in a sub-two hour hunt late today, but no. Pulled a beautiful green 1937 wheat and a clad nickel. So now it's time to explore other areas of this huge park and look for the "sweet spots" that remain. Next injun begins a new streak. HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back