What's new

COINS, MARBLES, TOKEN, OLD TOYS CHECK! AND A SLQ. Well kinda!!!!!!

basque-man

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2014
Messages
2,525
Reaction score
3,120
Golden Thread
1
Location
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After getting off work at 0600 hours and pulling my normal 12 hour shift; I ran home; picked up my son and grabbed our gear. We got out for a ten (10) hour hunt where we wanted to finish off an area before moving to a new location on the Army Depot. Well; we found the old park area and didn't do too bad. My son found 12 wheats and another nice buffalo 5c! 1930-S! A couple marbles, silver plated spoons and old cars.

I was able to find a few silvers; a 1910 Boy Scouts Token; only 5 wheats and some nice silver rings. Only one gold ring (14K) that is no way old. The large silver rings appear old with one of them having a small gold nugget attached to its face. A kids ring that has an anchor and USN (US Navy) on the front. One of the smaller silver rings looked old and crude. Upon further inspection, I could read the inside and saw "United States". It turns out to be a SLQ that had been made into a coin ring!!!! Our FIRST ONE!!!! I tried to find some type of date but nothing...........

Also found a nice arrowhead in the sandy area after digging a hole. We have found a few from here but not this large. Worst part of the day, I wore a tank top and no sun screen. I'm paying for it today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You would think after years of metal detecting I would have learned by now....

Thanks for looking and everyone be safe. Getting hot early out there!!!!!
 

Attachments

  • herlong1.webp
    herlong1.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 171
  • herlong2.webp
    herlong2.webp
    16.6 KB · Views: 173
  • herlong3.webp
    herlong3.webp
    6.2 KB · Views: 182
  • herling4.webp
    herling4.webp
    20.6 KB · Views: 164
  • herlong6.webp
    herlong6.webp
    26.4 KB · Views: 155
  • herlong5.webp
    herlong5.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 161
  • herlong7.webp
    herlong7.webp
    66.7 KB · Views: 168
  • herlong8.webp
    herlong8.webp
    27 KB · Views: 166
Upvote 42
I think I found that exact same truck on the right but in way worse shape. If you want to compare my thread "rusty "nail" saves the day"(sorry can't insert pic right now). Great saves and glad you could spend some quality time with your son.
 
The two of you killed it!! Love all those rings but, that arrowhead takes the cake.

Would love to find a site with that variety. Congrats!!
 
Wow, they are awesome finds, I love the arrow heads
 
You got a little bit of everything! The SLQ ring is a sweet find. I really like the assortment! GL&HH.
 
That's a fantastic haul.
Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom