Coinstar, 100 Pounds of Clad

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I put off taking in my cleaned clad finds for years and have over a hundred pounds. Most of the pennies are copper, but not all. I do not want to roll up coins, period but I ain't paying an 11% fee either. I am an Amazon Prime user and I think that Coinstar will give a "fee-free" gift card with Amazon.

Has that changed? I read the word "donation" in a discussion about the card but I can't figure out if that is real. Any of you guys using Amazon gift cards lately at Coinstar, fee free, and spending the gift card money at Amazon for your toys?

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put off taking in my cleaned clad finds for years and have over a hundred pounds. Most of the pennies are copper, but not all. I do not want to roll up coins, period but I ain't paying an 11% fee either. I am an Amazon Prime user and I think that Coinstar will give a "fee-free" gift card with Amazon.

Has that changed? I read the word "donation" in a discussion about the card but I can't figure out if that is real. Any of you guys using Amazon gift cards lately at Coinstar, fee free, and spending the gift card money at Amazon for your toys…
Not sure if other banks have this or not, but, if you’re a member, Navy Federal has coin counters at -most- of their locations that can handle large amounts of loose change with zero charge. Brought about 60# worth in myself once and walked out with an extra +/- $500 in my account. I’d def call around to banks where you have accounts and see what they have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread