All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You got to love the Ladies! :hello2:

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm in the habit of always checking as well. Found over 2 bucks in one last week at the supermarket. Better than a coupon!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe like you should make HER check the machines in the future. Sounds like she has better luck than you do. :laughing9:

OP
OP
M

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe like you should make HER check the machines in the future. Sounds like she has better luck than you do. :laughing9:

My luck with coinstars is very streaky...I went a month of finding silver almost weekly in them. Lately my luck has been pretty bad. I have no problem finding clad in or around them. I figure I will save up what I find and cash it in for whatever silver coins are tickling my fancy at the moment. Just cashed in some metal detecting clad for a 1929 vf35 standing liberty graded by NGC.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's so sweet, she thought of you when she saw the coin star lol.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the only one I see has the return in front. are they all that way?

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• coinstar64d.jpg
    coinstar64d.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 143

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Way to go! My younger daughter checks them out now too. Hasn't been much around here lately except for a penny or two here and there until today. Stopped to get a few things at the grocery store and there was $2.40, most I've ever found. 8 quarters, 4 nickles & 2 dimes but no silver this time.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just had an idea! I'll tape over the return and check it later!

OP
OP
M

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had an idea! I'll tape over the return and check it later!

Bet you that tape will be gone before you step out the door. Or at least a few minutes...most of the machines I see are used fairly often. I bet there are a ton of people who check their return slot for left overs. I know if I saw tape over the return slot I'd rip it off in a heart beat.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife used to be "ho-hum" about my coin collecting........until I showed her the Red Book values on some of the coins she brought home from shopping. We have a tray in the LR where she used to deposit her coins..........now she brings them right to my sorting table!!
You've got a good little lady, there..........

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the coinstar broke at my local winn dixie , as I was shopping there tonight they came and hauled it away for repair ..under it had to be at least 2 bucks in dropped rolled under it coins but there was a store employee kid standing right there sweeping up all that change that was under it ...

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always check constant best find was a dollar coin and 1912 Canadian dime.

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
the coinstar broke at my local winn dixie , as I was shopping there tonight they came and hauled it away for repair ..under it had to be at least 2 bucks in dropped rolled under it coins but there was a store employee kid standing right there sweeping up all that change that was under it ...

I've seen people looking under them before and I seem to recall a kid on Tnet that always checked underneath. I was back at the same one I mentioned above today and there were 4 quarters in it--I'm wondering if maybe the settings are off, some new some older but no silver ones yet.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen people looking under them before and I seem to recall a kid on Tnet that always checked underneath......

Ever see a 45 year old with no shame scrounge on the floor under a coinstar? 4 times a week, I get down low...the looks I get? Don't even care. Ha!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions