May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never tried it, but if you already know that you're going to be shopping at Lowe's and you are planning on dumping, might as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Plus it'll allow you to search the reject tube without any suspicious eyes on you. Just don't dump more than you think you'll spend at Lowe's. Otherwise you'll end up tying up your extra cash unnecessarily.

Been considering doing that at the Coinstar in my Stop&Shop supermarket for an eCertificate for shopping there since it's my main supermarket and I tend to spend a lot more there over time than I dump in coins in 1 sitting.

Go Bills

Jul 7, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Been dumping my pennies at coinstar for a while because there is a woodworking planner that I want on amazon and the Coinstar e-cert has no transaction fees. I have redeemed the e certs from amazon without any issues.

I have amazon prime and I "share" my membership legally with 4 households - my 2 sisters families and my parents. It's costs us each $20 per year but we all get free next day shipping on everything on amazon, plus we get free amazon video on demand too. So that is like netflix which saves another bill and that along with a good HD antenna like the mohu leaf lets me not miss not having cable TV. So for TV and on demand streaming movies and shows I pay $20 a year (plus Internet). It's a huge savings yearly that helps me have more to put into save in coins ;).

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done:
Amazon
Chili's
Land's End
Lowes
JCPenny's
Sears

all with no problem (once at Penny's the clerk had to call for help and it took 3x as long as it should have - otherwise no problem). Definitely no hassle from the merchant for using it. The Chili's one lets you put TIP on the eCert.

Note: The coinstars in Walmart only have restaurants and iTune because they compete with grocery stores, Sears, Amazon, etc.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you receive the eCertificate? Does it spit it out of the machine for you when you're all done?

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
I've used it for both Starbucks and Lowe's. the Starbucks one shoots out a gift card, and the lowes one prints a receipt that has the gift card number on it. I used to dunk my pennies in them but now use a machine at a local bank:D

boristhespider88

Bronze Member
May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
How do you receive the eCertificate? Does it spit it out of the machine for you when you're all done?

For the Chili's eCert (the one I use the most) the machine prints out a receipt that gives you a website to go to and you enter a code. The code then cashes the Coinstar funds into a digital gift card that can then be printed out.

Easy peasy.

- DS

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the AMAZON one all the time...never a hassle...I just cant fatham losing 9.8% on the dollar....but i see them for Sears and Lowes all the time...a good time to get some coin if you are planning on spending there

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the AMAZON one all the time...never a hassle...I just cant fatham losing 9.8% on the dollar....but i see them for Sears and Lowes all the time...a good time to get some coin if you are planning on spending there

I'm planning on buying some appliances in the near future. Nothing a couple boxes of quarters couldn't take care of. Might as well have some fun with your money before you have to spend it huh?

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm planning on buying some appliances in the near future. Nothing a couple boxes of quarters couldn't take care of. Might as well have some fun with your money before you have to spend it huh?

Thats EXaCLTY what i thought....Had to buy my boys School clothes, so why not? :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread