coinstar gold

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hit the local supermarket last week,checked the coinstar,scored 11 cents,then looked in the pour tray and spotted gold,went and got my grabber(gearhead tool with a claw)snagged the chain and went home happy.grabbed a beer and sat down to check it out,suprise! two chains,one of them is junk but the other is italian gold,a mix of red gold,white gold and yellow,14k :thumbsup:

Attachments

• downsized_0914111759.jpg
    downsized_0914111759.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,233

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found lots of earrings in the dump tray and a few gold pendants among the blobs of pocket lint. If I don't have a tool, I'll get a piece of bubblegum from the machines next to the coinstars. That and a pencil/pen does the trick! Don't know if it's all the Coinstars or just around here, but they spit out wheaties. Was told the machines are dialed in to spit out penny sized objects that weigh more than zincs as one of the checks.

Funny how you can get skunked on a new site or park, and then find three wheaties pickin up something to drink for the trip home. :icon_scratch:

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old thread but
The best way to get anything from the dump is just go to customer service and tell them it was yours and fell in the dump. They always open it and hand it to me

tony curnick

Oct 14, 2014
Benoni
Detector(s) used
Garret At pro,Garret seahunter Mk 2,Minelab etrac,Minelab 305,one and a half surfmaster pi's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excuse my ignorance, but what is coin star?...we don't have them in my country.

gilgar

Mar 18, 2009
A Little South of Heaven
Detector(s) used
Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Excuse my ignorance, but what is coin star?...we don't have them in my country.

It's a machine which accepts coins and then gives you a gift card or a receipt to cash in. It doesn't not accept all coins (like silver and foreign coins, very dirty coins, etc) and some of those come out in a reject bin, like a coin return, and for some reason some people leave them there. There are other brands as well, but coinstar is the most common.

amazon_transaction_lrg.jpg

small objects like the chains above, earrings, etc fall thru holes in the area below the ladie's arm where you can see a red handle.

tony curnick

Oct 14, 2014
Benoni
Detector(s) used
Garret At pro,Garret seahunter Mk 2,Minelab etrac,Minelab 305,one and a half surfmaster pi's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info and very cool picture Gilgar..

CaliGal

Jun 10, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Red Baron RB-7 (inherited from my Gramps, never used) Parents used to take us out detecting in mid-1970's--fun times! Caught the bug early, reignited here in OK.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And it charges a percentage for the convenience. I believe it was up to 7% (or 13%?? something ridiculous) in So Cal last time I checked.

CaliGal

Jun 10, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Red Baron RB-7 (inherited from my Gramps, never used) Parents used to take us out detecting in mid-1970's--fun times! Caught the bug early, reignited here in OK.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG, I love it! TNet folks are TRUE HUNTERS, aren't they! Lol. Never occurred to me to "hunt" IN a CoinStar tho! haha (Growing up, I was the kid who could NOT walk past a payphone without snaking my grubby little hand into the coin return slot!) I've found more bits of jewellery in grocery store parking lots too.... Especially single earrings for some reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread