What's new

Largest Coinstar Haul Ever Includes 3 Silvers

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2018
Messages
2,129
Reaction score
5,914
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scan_20231217.webp

I went to pick up the Sunday papers at the local supermarket and while there I checked the Coinstar machine. Right away I could see that the tray had a lot of coins in it. As I started scooping them out I saw that they were mostly all half dollars. When I got home I realized that in addition to 20 clad Kennedys there was also an almost new 1942 Mercury dime, a 1968-D 40% silver Kennedy and a 1953 Ben Franklin half in the mix. Merry Christmas to me from Coinstar !
 
As I just said on another forum, who the heck leaves Half Dollars in a reject bin?!?
People who are hard of hearing and in need of a pair of glasses?
 
The machine even tells you at the end to check the reject bin. I wonder why the machine didn't accept the halves? The one by my house sure does.
 
The machine even tells you at the end to check the reject bin. I wonder why the machine didn't accept the halves? The one by my house sure does.
I've gotten half dollars out of Coinstar machines before, both clad and silver.
 
Wow and I mean WOW! You must have been just a few seconds behind the person that dumped a pile into the machine!
 
Congrats on the halves, that must be record of some type for the amount in a reject tray.
I didn't know they could hold that many coins at once.
 
Wow and I mean WOW! You must have been just a few seconds behind the person that dumped a pile into the machine!
Agreed. I never see anything but dust in the reject trays around here.
 
Not only did he/she probably give coinstar their % they gave you a percentage also. Who can't hear those clunking into the reject bin.
 
Not only did he/she probably give coinstar their % they gave you a percentage also. Who can't hear those clunking into the reject bin.
Maybe they were glued to their cell phone while these were spilling out into the reject tray.
 
Congrats on the halves, that must be record of some type for the amount in a reject tray.
I didn't know they could hold that many coins at once.
Thanks pepperj.....It's my personal record. Those trays hold a lot more than they appear to be able to.
 
Wow and I mean WOW! You must have been just a few seconds behind the person that dumped a pile into the machine!
Not only a few seconds behind the person who dumped the coins but also a few seconds AHEAD of the next one to use the machine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom