What's new

Coinstar intervention

Barrydang

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2019
Messages
297
Reaction score
1,160
Golden Thread
0
Location
alabama
Detector(s) used
minelab, fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taking a break and a guy was complaining it was spitting his coins out I go look and I just start counting and he agreed to sell them too me for face 37.00 in 40 % and 7 .50 in 90%. I bought 35 worth from him and he left some in the reject tray I didn’t see till he was gone. I did try to educate him and not rip him off he had more I didn’t have more money. He had walkers and benji I didn’t see till I bought these. Ya get grandfathers collection and this was his first thought cash it in at coinstar. He had some Morgan’s I guess should had really got but I focused on the half’s.
 

Attachments

  • 46AF3EC3-32F5-4E1F-AC5D-146861936724.webp
    46AF3EC3-32F5-4E1F-AC5D-146861936724.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 219
Wow!! 1- Great score! Right place at the right time.
2- It kills me when I see this, whether that guy inherited, stole or found these coins... his first thought, as you said, was to stuff them into a Coinstar machine. Stack that silver! Ddf.
 
Wowzers...SCORE! they look like they are in decent shape. If you can please post a couple close ups of the coins....
 
Wowzers...SCORE! they look like they are in decent shape. If you can please post a couple close ups of the coins....

I will they are nicer than any I ever had.
 
Awesome!!!! Score!!!! Congrats!!!
 
here is a pic of some the ones that stood out more to me. they are all pretty decent.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    812.4 KB · Views: 111
I am amazed how many people dump their coins without checking them, and also do not check their rejects in the bottom of coinstar.... Certainly a Fool and their money soon parted.
 
When I try and explain to the uninformed that once upon a time, the dimes, quarters and halves were 90% Silver, I get a "car in the headlights" stare. So just be happy they are still dumping them at the banks and coinstars!
 
I have tried to educate some people over the years, but I think it goes in one ear and out the other. So now I don't bother.
 
Yeah I’m an oddity at work cause I will
Scan tills and check coin star for silver. Can’t check tills all the time but if I got one I’m front of me I give the quarters and dimes a look. Keep a pocket of change to swap with it.
 
Wow, awesome score! :icon_thumleft:
 
Good score and your a good person
 
Talk about great timing ! Excellent score. Sure beats the Nickel I found in our coin star the other day.
 
ooof... my mom had a big jar of silver quarters stolen by kids. Pretty sure they all ended up in a bin at the local arcade.
 
Most vending machines and things like that won’t take them cause they don’t recognize it as a coin. Like these coins were being rejected by the coinstar.
 
Wow a live slot machine! Right place at the right time, quick thinking and eyes catching that, good job!
Jon 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:
 
Shoulda called your wife and told her to break open the safe and bring all your cash haha. Nice finds and timing!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom