What's new

"What a Stupid I Am"

blueberra

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
257
Reaction score
845
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Roberto De Vicenzo signed an incorrect scorecard for the final round of the 1968 Masters which cost him the outright win (he scored a par on a hole that he actually birdied). He lost an 18 hole playoff the next day.

The title of this post is his quote about the screwup.

Today, I dumped a year's worth of change that my wife and I had collected and threw into a jar.

A few coins hit the reject tray ... a couple of small euros, a Canadian penny, and the pictured coin (why the machine rejected it, I have no idea -- not that I'm complaining).
 

Attachments

  • 16 sep 26 coin machine.webp
    16 sep 26 coin machine.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 26
Love your post ! Doug Sanders was disqualified in a tourney {not a major) when he failed to turn his card in because he was busy signing autographs & chatting with the press & forgot. He had won the tourney by for strokes ! What a stupid he was !
As far as the Indian being rejected by CoinStar, it must have to do with something like this: The detectorists who use the modern machine might not notice this, but some old-timers like me might.
When I used my old Whites 6000-D, Indian head pennies, on full discrimination sounded crappy to the point that you might not dig it. Even though it was the same weight & copper content as the Lincoln Cent, for some unknown reason to me, it didn't give a clear signal. There must be a reason. Strange. I'm glad you saved the Indian from possible oblivion. Should be worth a few
"SKINS".
p.s. On second thought, maybe it's the alloy used on the Indians is different than the Wheats, and maybe that's why the Wheats are rejected by the CoinStar also, even though the copper content is the same on all of them, but yet, the CoinStar accepts those useless, good for nothing, pieces of crap shield pennies. Go figure. :dontknow:
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom