JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a 57 wheat back hiding behind the handle yesterday while shopping...one I didn't have....and grabbed a handful this morning at a Shaws grocery store...no silver yet...

Thanks for viewing!
Good job.. My 9 yr old is our resident Coinstar hunter. She loves it.
Found a 57 wheat back hiding behind the handle yesterday while shopping...one I didn't have....and grabbed a handful this morning at a Shaws grocery store...no silver yet...

Thanks for viewing!

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I imagine she is learning all about coins then.... hopefully she has coin books to keep her saves in... that's really sweet.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for viewing!
look under the machine to 'if it's not to embarrassing' I scored 2 Silver Rosies there last week a 1949 and a 1950. I was thrilled .

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for viewing!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do check...but try not to look too obvious...nice to know I'm not the only one :)
One time at a "Food Depot" discount grocery I looked under the machine and I saw 20 + coins Quarters , / all types deep under the machine , so I went and got a 2 pack of fly swatters & a flat duster on a stick and swept most of the coins out the front and the left side of the machine , I scored a few dollars US & A-lot of foreign types 'mostly Pecos , and Canadian and a few Euros . I did not damage the duster or the fly swatters & walked back to the Isle they were on then hung them back up . Some did look at me funny and lost prevention followed me around as I shopped after but I did not care .

Not trying to brag here just reliving some fun times .

Have a blessed day & good luck in the future .

P.S For about 6-7 years now I have a big plastic water bottle (4 or 5 GALLONS ) and I save all found coins that are Cooper Nickel (Dimes, Nickels , Quarters & Copper Cents ) including Dug coins , & coins I get back in change .

It's gonna be fun rolling all those coins up ( hope I won't need them for many more years ) Cause I'm not losing 6-8 cent of every dollar to a fee and I don;t need no stinking gift cards . LOL i do put all zinc cents in my savings account ' sorry copper cent hunters' .

Again Good day.

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One time at a "Food Depot" discount grocery I looked under the machine and I saw 20 + coins Quarters , / all types deep under the machine , so I went and got a 2 pack of fly swatters & a flat duster on a stick and swept most of the coins out the front and the left side of the machine , I scored a few dollars US & A-lot of foreign types 'mostly Pecos , and Canadian and a few Euros . I did not damage the duster or the fly swatters & walked back to the Isle they were on then hung them back up . Some did look at me funny and lost prevention followed me around as I shopped after but I did not care .

Not trying to brag here just reliving some fun times .

Have a blessed day & good luck in the future .

P.S For about 6-7 years now I have a big plastic water bottle (4 or 5 GALLONS ) and I save all found coins that are Cooper Nickel (Dimes, Nickels , Quarters & Copper Cents ) including Dug coins , & coins I get back in change .

It's gonna be fun rolling all those coins up ( hope I won't need them for many more years ) Cause I'm not losing 6-8 cent of every dollar to a fee and I don;t need no stinking gift cards . LOL i do put all zinc cents in my savings account ' sorry copper cent hunters' .

Again Good day.
I recall using a long tool of some sort I retrieved from my car to get coins I couldn't reach with my hands... desperate times call for desperate measures. :)

I've got an old mixed nut container I keep in my car for each coinstar find...and put the good finds in coin books...what a great hobby...

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recall using a long tool of some sort I retrieved from my car to get coins I couldn't reach with my hands... desperate times call for desperate measures. :)

I've got an old mixed nut container I keep in my car for each coinstar find...and put the good finds in coin books...what a great hobby...
We Def, think alike . Good Luck in the future , ill be checking a couple machines tomorrow when i'm out at the DR . Ill let u know if silver pops up / out / under . lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread