CoinStar, Vending Machines and Parking lot finds

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

This week was great for machine and parking lot hunting. :icon_thumleft: The photo is all the goodies from Coinstar, vending machines and keeping an open eye in shopping area parking lots. The Coinstar and vending machine yield was very good this week with 10 machines all contributing to a nice total amount. The one foreign coin was found in a Coinstar. The silver bracelet was found in a grocery store parking lot, obviously a very fresh drop since no car had crushed it. As for vending machines, many college students refuse to carry change (I asked why? they told me it was not cool.:dontknow:), so they just leave it behind in the tray :icon_scratch: for this very eager Professor to retrieve the goods. :hello2:

Thank you for looking.

GL & HH

Doc

1_27_18 machine finds.jpg

Great post and finds! :hello2:

You did pretty good, I'd say. Congrats! College kids must not be hungry these days. Do YOU feel cool?

I check the coinstars every chance I get and always keep an eye to the ground when in the parking lots and stores. I found a gold cat ear stud at Planet Fitness, but turned it in at the counter.

Last edited:
Great finds, my kids will never say that...they constantly find money in parking lots and stores. They are hooked.

LOL , "not cool "!
I must be getting old. Ain't no one get'n my change !

Very nice Professor I also found a silver bracelet outside the store about a week or so ago.

is there a website that shows where the coinstars are?

Very nice! Gotta satisfy the itch in any way we can!

John

Thanks Swaveab for the link.

I now can expand my search area with deadly accuracy. :icon_thumleft:

Doc

Last edited:
I noticed the same thing when I was using up some of my GI BILL money a little while ago. I would check the coin return on the vending machines throughout the building my classes were in. I would usually come home with a $1+ each day. It baffled me, but I wasn't gonna start asking questions and let others know there was a nice little revenue stream around.

I did notice that in the cafeteria the vending machines all had card swipes on them. It seems that soon, there will be no change returns on vending machines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back