What's new

CoinStar.......why?

jersey junkie

Full Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2006
Messages
115
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
new jersey
Why would anyone use coinstar to redeem their coins. At 6-8% that seems like a bit of a rip off. I take it to the local bank that counts it for free and I don't evan have an account with them.
 
Desperate people do Desperate things ! LOTS of users of the COINSTAR machines are kids that stole their dad's coin collection, thieves that stole collections, desperate people looking to turn some change into bills at ANY cost, etc etc---THOSE are the people that we hope to get coins from. COINSTAR, as a Corporation, is NOT interested in "selling" their coins to US. Your best bet is to talk to the store manager---or try to catch the guy that empties the machine. And yes---I also use COINSTAR---My coins ( about $30.00 a month fairly consistently for 4 years ! ) are donated to Charity. My business can use the deductions !

FLOYD MANN
FRMPINK@AOL.COM
www.LostTreasureUSA.com
 
I don't know about others, but the coinstar machine here will not accept silver dimes, or quarters. I only dump in pennies, they are suck a pain to wrap, that 8% is worth it

Paul
 
Paul,
I turn the daughter loose on my change jar about twice a year. Before she starts rolling, she has to tell me which coins (pennies, nickels, dimes, guarters, halves, or dollars she wants. She rolls all the coins except the ones that don't fill a roll, then we take them to the bank and deposit them.
At first she always picked quarters because it seems that they add up quicker. Funny though, every time I have more dimes than anything else. Jessa has started choosing them, now.
Sure it costs me more than 8%, but the anticipation for "rolling day" and the fun we have kidding each other while she works makes it all worth it to this old man.
Let's face it, there aren't that many times a sixteen year old wants to hang out with Dad rather than being with buddies.

grizzly bare
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom