timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice idea, I wonder how that all even works out for coin star, seems like they would lose some money.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I saw this deal too.

I am assuming that you'll still have to pay the 8 or 9%, right?

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
timbobwey said:
nice idea, I wonder how that all even works out for coin star, seems like they would lose some money.

I would assume that the company that associates with Coinstar in this manner has to pay to have their company linked up this way. To the company it is sort of like a coupon or other discount such as spend $50 in our store get $10 off, etc. Coinstar is not going to lose any money on the deal in my opinion.

By the way, the Coinstar company owns the redbox DVD rentals you see at places like McDonalds, etc. I would say the Coinstar folks are doing fairly well these days.

Jim

FingerGrime

Mar 3, 2009
Kentucky
If you buy stuff at Lowe's, that sounds like a good deal. The only downside is that those Coinstar machines are slow compared to most bank machines.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I can't believe people will pay 8-9% to get rid of their change. That's a huge commission. I would like to start a rival company that only charges 5% commission and one machine that is also designed to keep Ag coins. Unfortunately, something like that needs huge investment dollars which I don't have.

dp2013

Sep 11, 2008
Terms and Conditions

To receive your $10 Lowe's BONUS Gift Card, follow these instructions carefully.

Promotion Period begins 12/6/2010 and ends 12/31/2010 (11:59PM Pacific Standard Time)

Receive a $10 Lowe's gift card by mail when you convert in a single transaction at least US$40 in coins into a Lowe's eCertificate at a participating Coinstar Center® during the Promotion Period. You will receive a Lowe's eCertificate with a unique code ("Promotion Code") with your qualifying Coinstar® transaction.
Keep your Lowe's eCertificate, you will be asked to enter your Promotion Code and other requested information online at www.coinstar.com/nofee to claim your $10 Lowe's gift card. Your Lowe's Gift Card will be mailed to you within 1-2 weeks. Do not mail in the eCertificate. Promotion codes must be submitted online by
11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on January 31, 2011. Any promotion codes not submitted and received through the redemption website by this time are void. Promotion codes have no cash value and may not be sold or transferred. All Promotion Code submissions are subject to verification. Limit one Lowe's gift card per Promotion Code, name and mailing address. The Lowe's Gift Card may be redeemed at Lowe's stores and www.Lowes.com. Gift cards will not be shipped to PO boxes. Coinstar is not responsible for errors of any kind with respect to the submission and/or processing of gift card claims, or for damaged, lost, misdirected or stolen mail/gift cards. Lowe's gift cards are subject to terms set by the issuer.

VOID WHERE PROHIBITED Not valid with any other offer. No cash substitutions for gift cards

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
SFBayArea said:
I can't believe people will pay 8-9% to get rid of their change. That's a huge commission. I would like to start a rival company that only charges 5% commission and one machine that is also designed to keep Ag coins. Unfortunately, something like that needs huge investment dollars which I don't have.
I have often thought the same thing 8-9% is a very high commission. I too would like to have a rival company, however with machines that dont reject silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread