What's new

Cold and rainy but got my first SLQ!

Nice SLQ Anne! That farm seems to be treating you quite well. Snowing today but we aren't supposed to get any accumulation. It is supposed to get up into the 40's by the weekend. It was nice seeing you at Wally world last night.
 
Nice find Anne! I too have a 16/17 no date, you can only dream that it's a 16. I have not found many SLQ's in my 33 years hunting. When I get home to Mich. I want to go thru my log books and see if I have ever found any with a readable date. Starting around 1925 the mint recessed the date in hopes of slowing down date wear.

HH, David
 
Prober said:
It was nice seeing you at Wally world last night.

Good to see you too, Bob. (finally!)
 
Atlanta Mi Dave said:
Nice find Anne! I too have a 16/17 no date, you can only dream that it's a 16.
HH, David

David (and everyone): Here's a link Halfdime sent me to separate the 1916 SLQ's from the 1917 SLQ's, providing they are not too terribly worn. There are some subtle differences between the two coins. Based on this info, Halfdime was pretty sure mine was a 1917. I'll take it!

http://www.anacs.com/contentPages/ShowArticle.aspx?ID=16&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

HH,
Michiganne
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom