What's new

Cold Hunt

CreekSide

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2023
Messages
5,839
Reaction score
27,018
Golden Thread
0
39 degrees today when I left at 11am. Water was clear and cold. I hated each time to reach in the water but managed anyway. I found a piece of pottery bottom, drilled broken piece of stone, thumb nail scraper, and the mid section of a killer blade. The material is different than any I’ve found so I will be on the lookout for the rest.
Finally the plastic motorcycle made me smile.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5093.webp
    IMG_5093.webp
    462.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_5094.webp
    IMG_5094.webp
    72.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5101.webp
    IMG_5101.webp
    46.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5098.webp
    IMG_5098.webp
    71.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5091.webp
    IMG_5091.webp
    97.1 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5089.webp
    IMG_5089.webp
    99 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_5086.webp
    IMG_5086.webp
    667.6 KB · Views: 105
Upvote 12
Don’t forget the show Saturday
 
Good day out, looks like that blade would have been massive.
 
Looks like a decent day out in the fields, congratulations.
 
Ross blade came to mind when I found it.
Just to much current to get a good look around but maybe next week I can return.
Ross has a really small distribution area far north of you & extremely rare. Possible but probably something else.
 
Nice finds! Based on the other finds the motorcycle must be an INDIAN!
 
Ross has a really small distribution area far north of you & extremely rare. Possible but probably something else.
Well the only larger ones would be the Tennessee River possibly cause there’s no beveled edges. I find Early Archaic to Mississippian in the creek mostly Woodland.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom