Collin County TX Location

Silenthunter

Sep 30, 2010
McKinney, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
I have some land that can be hunted, many acres. I will be contacting the owner as he is a friend, and his home is on the property that was part of Gov. Throckmorton's land. He married into the family and there homestead was in the same area in mid 1800's. I would like to know approximately how many would be interested in doing some hunting on his land, so i can make arrangements with him. This land has never been hunted and I'm sure we would find some interesting stuff there.

It's plenty close for me so count me in and thanks for the invitation! :icon_thumleft:

Sounds like an offer Baggins can't refuse as well so we will probably hear from him.

You guys KNOW you can count me in!
Baggins

I'd be interested if the time is right. Thanks for the offer!

If it isn't too late I'm looking for hunting partners and opportunities. If you welcome relative Texas newcomers, I'd love to join you.
Spritch

Collin county is a LONG way from Rockport, but I'm up for a hunt either place. Let me know!

From the responses I am guessing it is near the Dallas area? If so, I have a sister who lives nearby and wouldn't have to spend a dime for lodging! Any particular date in mind or is it too early to estimate? You should talk to Warsawdaddy and Burdie about the best way to hold the hunt as they both do a tremendous job. Monty

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW , I HAVE THIS STILL IN THE WORKS, ITS BEEN LONG OVER DUE, BETWEEN WORK AND TIMING THE EVENT, HOPEFULLY WE CAN HIT THIS SITE SOON AND BEFORE END OF THE YEAR.

I WILL KEEP THIS UPDATED

I am all the way down here in Kerrville, TX (near San Antonio); however, depending on the dates, I would like to be kept in the loop......'cause my trigger finger is itching....LOL What Monty said about Burdie and Warsawdaddy, I second that. Burdie puts on the Chisholm Trail Hunts (Caldwell, KS) and Warsawdaddy puts on the Uvalde, TX hunt. Both hunts have generated a lot of true and lasting friendships.........as well as the excitement of finding something not from a seeded hunt. If you go to the Uvalde, TX hunt posts, you will see some of our finds.....including a casket handle....LOL

And if Baggins goes, you had better be ready for a lot of fun..... :laughing9: :laughing9: :hello2: :headbang:

---Mel

borninok

Ha! Thanks Mel! It's true, Warsaw and Burdie do a great job, and both hunts are a blast to be a part of! I am STILL in on this hunt!
Baggins

I live up in north Collin County and would certainly enjoy this hunt. I have a vague idea of where it might me located, and if so, it ought to be fun and productive. I still need directions when this hunts comes together though. I seem to be wrong more than right the older and more gray headed I get. martin

in arlington would love to join hunt count me in if on weekend

I live in the Frisco area and would love to meet some other treasure hunters. Are their any groups/clubs that you know of? A friend in Virginia has me hooked --- I have a Garrett 250. Let me know. Thanks

Hey Diggintochina--

You might look into the Golden Triangle Explorers Club. It meets in north Dallas. The Lone Star Treasure Hunters Club is great, but it meets in south Irving. Don't know if there are any clubs closer to you. Good luck!

Did this hunt ever materialize? If not, has it moved to spring? If so, I would be interested in joining up! :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back