sorahc

Feb 7, 2013

Attachments

• image-1177068995.jpg
    image-1177068995.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 3
Good stuff. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

Yep. I'm a Tesoro fanatic myself, but always surprised at how few people in this crowd use them. Way to go on your scabbard tip!!!

Nice scabbard tip, love old stuff like that. Put it in my brass box. Congrats!

Big time Tesoro fanatic myself. The Vaquero is one of my favorite machines ever. Looks like you found some nice relics there, at a pounded site no less!

If your still finding scabbard tips, rosettes and relics of this size at this well hunted site, I would think there is alot more to be found with any decent machine ran across it. but a tesoro is a Great machine.
Very nice Recoveries

Nice scabbard. I agree with the others. If your still finding the larger items there should be more.

Nice score !

Thanks for the comments. You guys might be right but I've hunted this spot with everything from Nautilus machines to Fishers to Minelabs to a Technetics T2 and I've dug a ton of stuff. I'm just saying that the Vaquero easily and clearly picked up stuff I missed with the others. And I've hunted the spot for 20+ years off and on. The scabbard tip was a bit away from the most concentrated iron so maybe I just never happened to walk over it. But everything else was in an area that I've hunted in tight rows. Many many times. It is chock full of iron chunks, nails and bits and pieces. And it drives most machines I've used crazy. The Vaquero just cruised right through it and barely made a sound until I hit non-ferrous objects. I will definitely hit it again. But not with any other machine.

That's a nice mix from the 2 eras. Definitely worth another look.

Thanks for the comments. You guys might be right but I've hunted this spot with everything from Nautilus machines to Fishers to Minelabs to a Technetics T2 and I've dug a ton of stuff. I'm just saying that the Vaquero easily and clearly picked up stuff I missed with the others. And I've hunted the spot for 20+ years off and on. The scabbard tip was a bit away from the most concentrated iron so maybe I just never happened to walk over it. But everything else was in an area that I've hunted in tight rows. Many many times. It is chock full of iron chunks, nails and bits and pieces. And it drives most machines I've used crazy. The Vaquero just cruised right through it and barely made a sound until I hit non-ferrous objects. I will definitely hit it again. But not with any other machine.

When I think I've hunted a site out I expand my search and look for other areas they may have used. I've found out buildings a 1/4 mile from the cellar hole still in the same stone wall I followed. Just random walks within the stone walls have got me some great finds. When I find something I kinda hang in that area and if there's nothing else I just keep moving.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back