deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having a few weeks off work, I've been able to get out and swing my AT Pro around the farm. Seems it attracts a lot of buttons! Farm dates back to 1790s and most of the buttons are plain - couple have designs. Yesterday found the Union belt buckle, which was odd seeing the owners during the CW were Confederates. Looks like someone tried to cut it into pieces - it was down deep, about 14inches. I found the eagle button not too far from the buckle. Oldest coins were 1810 and 1829 LCs - have not found anything between those dates and 1910 wheat cent so far - lot of pennies and clad from 1950's to 1990's. Couple of things I'm thinking are tokens and lead seals. Number of ringers and round balls - some more modern bullets. Lots of iron - locks, horseshoes, pieces of cooking pots, axe head and a huge iron spike thing which I guess was used for breaking up rock in the fields. Still getting used to the AT Pro - found a lot of rusted metal that shows up in the 80+ range with high tones.

Attachments

• buttons.jpg
    buttons.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 436
  • buckles.jpg
    buckles.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 472
  • bullets.jpg
    bullets.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 514
  • coins_tokens_seals.jpg
    coins_tokens_seals.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 522
  • CW.jpg
    CW.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 689
  • large cents.jpg
    large cents.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 670
Upvote 0
Can you post a pic of the back of the one I circled? I wonder if it is a coin weight or an apothecary weight? HH
Broken Knee

Attachments

• coins_tokens_seals.jpg
    coins_tokens_seals.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 506
Nice buttons and coins. Too bad about the sword belt plate :BangHead:

Nice haul!!!
Your "lead seals" may in fact be the lead filling from more buckles. I've found similar. Congrats again!

Broken knee said:
Can you post a pic of the back of the one I circled? I wonder if it is a coin weight or an apothecary weight? HH
Broken Knee

Here ya go!

Attachments

• weights.jpg
    weights.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 434
deepsecrets said:
Broken knee said:
Broken Knee

Here ya go!
Maybe the guys across the pond will chime in on this? :dontknow: HH
Broken Knee

nice colonial finds ! :icon_thumright:

Great finds. Love all those flat buttons and large cents.

AWESOME hunt :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back