That 'shank' seems pretty impractical for a button. Although I can see why you might think that. I don't get that "Colonial vibe" from it... I'd guess more like early 20th C.
Maybe an upholstery twist pin that has the pin flattened?
I originally did not think it was that old but then noticed the 2 holes which certainly look like a blowhole button putting it in the mid 1700s. Perhaps the shank was an attempt to fix broken shank
I originally did not think it was that old but then noticed the 2 holes which certainly look like a blowhole button putting it in the mid 1700s. Perhaps the shank was an attempt to fix broken shank
I don't know. The braze looks precise. Certainly not a field repair. Anyone who can braze like that could get the shank in the center and fasten both ends to make it a proper button.
I just can't imagine unbuttoning that. It would snag in the buttonhole every time.
My name is Lea Uriarte. I like to watch movies and listen to music. In my free time I can ride a bike and help my younger brother with his lessons. I really like to photograph different interesting la