Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to the colonial farm field to try and pickup some leftovers. Only some bits and pieces so I did some more exploring and found a somewhat productive new section of the field that had a small bit of brick scattered about. Got all the buttons and the complete knee/shoe buckle frame there. Unfortunately not a lot of iron signals so not sure what went on there. A 52 GW mixed in with colonial is just not fair

Attachments

• IMG_0621.JPG
    IMG_0621.JPG
    774.1 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 10

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man, that really isn't fair! I bet Scrappy threw that quarter in there just to screw with you.

Cool finds though, looks to be a good spot.

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm starting to drool looking at those finds.
Forgive me,but haven't hunted since November.

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh man, that really isn't fair! I bet Scrappy threw that quarter in there just to screw with you.

Cool finds though, looks to be a good spot.

The field has produced 10 colonial coppers, several complete early buckles, monogrammed silver cuff and 1600s cob but this was the first modern silver. Looked like a 2 reales at first glance:BangHead:

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love them old buttons. I can understand not being overly thrilled with the 52 GW. I actually don't care for any of the "modern" coins with presidents on them. Of course silver has value so I hoard them but, prefer the older coins with Indians, and other non presidential characters on them. Anyhow, wonderful hunt with them old relics. Peace.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Toasted, congrats on a great hunt! I know exactly what your feeling with the "out of place " GW...that happened to me recently, hunting some very old, early 1800 foundations and popped a small silver...and I thought I'd never be disappointed with a Merc, but I was instantly thinking Seated or Capped and was surprised/confused with the Merc, tho it was 1917. Great stuff...Ddf

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Toasted, congrats on a great hunt! I know exactly what your feeling with the "out of place " GW...that happened to me recently, hunting some very old, early 1800 foundations and popped a small silver...and I thought I'd never be disappointed with a Merc, but I was instantly thinking Seated or Capped and was surprised/confused with the Merc, tho it was 1917. Great stuff...Ddf

Yes thats usually how it goes but I love those even rarer hunts when something a lot older pops out amongst the clad and modern silver

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling, grunts, midtones, canslaw, then screaming sweet solid silver sound......... is it, is it, ohhhhh it's modern. At least it's silver. Nice finds

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know the feeling, grunts, midtones, canslaw, then screaming sweet solid silver sound......... is it, is it, ohhhhh it's modern. At least it's silver. Nice finds

Ive dug hundreds of targets in that field and 95% are over 240 years old but 80% of that was melted lead

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the finds! Not sure where that GW came from since you have found other old coins there. :dontknow:
Oh well, you do have some nice finds so it was a good day after all.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not old silver but, still silver. At least it wasn't clad. Lol
The kid and I were doing a field hunt finding some old coppers and a seated dime. Got me a killer 87-88 hit thinking seated quarter....silver Washington.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread