What's new

Colonial Era Unknown

rivercatguy

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2004
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indialantic, Florida
Just going through my old finds. I dug this @ 8" at a colonial era stage & tavern; Red Lion Tavern on Old Philadelphia Rd. just north of Baltimore.

Circular portion is 2" X 2"

small circle surrounded by 11 leaves bordered by a wreath and beaded on the edge
 

Attachments

  • medallion 001.webp
    medallion 001.webp
    80.1 KB · Views: 405
  • medallion 003.webp
    medallion 003.webp
    66.3 KB · Views: 393
I know what that is but cant remember. :D
 
Upvote 0
Key hole protector ! ;D
 
Upvote 0
I think its furniture related.
 
Upvote 0
I agree, keyhole cover for a piece of furniture :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
I agree, keyhole cover for a piece of furniture :thumbsup:

yeap
 
Upvote 0
I think its a furniture cover of some kind but Im thinking for something else other than a key. We had one posted here before in What Is It and it was IDed with a pic but I cant remember. :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
Leaves look like tobacco.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
WinchesterDigger said:
That would be one of the four covers that hid the inset bolts on a four post bed.

could be right on that one, good call.
 
Upvote 0
WinchesterDigger said:
That would be one of the four covers that hid the inset bolts on a four post bed.
Yes I think thats it. BED. :thumbsup: I was thinking bed but didnt say. I knew it was furniture. A Charter Member can search and find the old thread. Keywords "Bed, Cover, Brass"... I search all through my files 3x but couldnt find it.


ADDED: I actually searched this link and missed it. Scroll down. Good call WinchesterDigger! :thumbsup:
http://www.kennedyhardware.com/bed-hardware/
 

Attachments

  • bed bolt cover brass.webp
    bed bolt cover brass.webp
    10.7 KB · Views: 305
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
WinchesterDigger said:
That would be one of the four covers that hid the inset bolts on a four post bed.
Yes I think thats it. BED. :thumbsup: I was thinking bed but didnt say. I knew it was furniture. A Charter Member can search and find the old thread. Keywords "Bed, Cover, Brass"... I search all through my files 3x but couldnt find it.


ADDED: I actually searched this link and missed it. Scroll down. Good call WinchesterDigger! :thumbsup:
http://www.kennedyhardware.com/bed-hardware/

Wow. Great ID. Never would have thought of that. You guys make me so proud... 8)

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
TheDane said:
Key hole protector ! ;D
CRUSADER said:
IronSpike said:
I agree, keyhole cover for a piece of furniture :thumbsup:

yeap
IronSpike said:
I agree, keyhole cover for a piece of furniture :thumbsup:
Good pic. I change my mind, it could be that to. keyhole cover.webp



Rivercatguy,

If you feel this is solved,

Go back to your original post,

Click on modify,

Click on Message Icon down arrow,

Click on Solved,

the green check will appear.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom