SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well got out with Neil, Dale, and my buddy Matt. Hit some woods that produced shotgun shells and left for greener pastures. Hit up another one of our fields and got into it pretty good. Of course Neils beauty of a dime was the find of the day...Nay the year but we still found a lot of good stuff. I ended up solo at the field for a while until Jason got word and rushed over. We began digging tombac after tombac, then some nice cuff links, and then 2 coppers. One of which blew me away condition wise. 1718 KG1 and a smooth liberty cap, you can barely see the ribbon and head.This field was very loamy/sandy and everything came out very preserved. Ended up with nearly 20 tombacs, a blow hole button. 2 colonial coppers and a bunch of bits and pieces of shoe buckles. I dug one complete knee buckle im assuming it is pretty small. Taking 2 advil as we speak. Started at 8AM and finished at 5:30 with no food or drink. Its weird how you don't get thirsty or hungry when you are digging colonial stuff. Thanks for looking! Pics of Jason's copper In Situ.

IMG_20110305_164648.jpg

IMG_20110305_164719.jpg

IMG_20110305_193006.jpg

IMG_20110305_193023.jpg

IMG_20110305_192943.jpg

Upvote 0
that is one beautiful copper.. top 3 KGI's I've ever seen posted

Sweet hunting ground, and its very funny how our bodies ignore the need for fuel when the hunting is getting good.

Nice Colonial haul! The KG I is outstanding :thumbsup:

That is what those KGI look like ;D your,s is in great shape Good hunt :thumbsup: Jim

whew - you guys are tearing it up down that way

big congrats

vp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back