Colonial field hunts - 3+ pieces of silver ...

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUT... not exactly what I was looking or hoping for.
went out to one spot early Mon. morn - every where I went - foot prints
as far as I know - THEY don't have permission to hunt there. They look like
they were there on Sunday. There were at least 2 sets - I think possibly 3 sets
of foot prints - some were older but most were from Sunday. I ended up hitting between
their foot prints - I was surprised they missed a nice ox nut that was down about a foot
and went off pretty high - I thought I might have a coin it was so good of a signal.
went down between 2 sets and got a nice signal in the toe of one guys boot print -
got nice coin signal was hoping for something in the 1800s or earlier - turned out to be a Merc dime.
walked 5 feet and got another 88-86 signal sounded real good was shocked when I dug down and saw
rim of silver coin - again hoping for maybe seated - 1943 Washington :tongue3:
moved to another spot - once again foot prints here and there and few dig spots visible - once again
as far as I know farmer has only given permission to myself and a friend and he has been busy with marriage plans
walked around for awhile - only thing to speak of was folded copper - either a dandy button or a coin - its
kinda heavy for a button :dontknow: - trying to carefully pry open still - moved to one more spot before sunset
noticed there was a small maybe half acre that ive never been able to get into.
made one pass - got another beautiful 86-88 repeating signal - got it out of the hole - got pinpointer out -
grab a handful of dirt that had target in it - started brushing the dirt away and see a caked silver disc - got
excited - gave it a gentle rub and saw Barber head...drat.
Found a piece that looks like its of a buckle - it is tarnished and is silver - would have been a nice one if complete
Was hoping for some colonial coins but better than no coins at all.

Upvote 24

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread