What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Colonial gun part?

Smilodon

Full Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2011
Messages
200
Reaction score
607
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charleston sc
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Just pulled this out of the ground, and I have seen them before but this is the first one I found. I think it is from a colonial gun, I find many Brown Bess parts, but this piece doesn't seem to match photos I have been looking for. Any ideas? Thanks for your help
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3879.webp
    IMG_3879.webp
    496.6 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_3878.webp
    IMG_3878.webp
    139.3 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3875.webp
    IMG_3875.webp
    258.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3876.webp
    IMG_3876.webp
    111.7 KB · Views: 141
Butt plate for a gun stock
 
Upvote 0
Looks a bit like a 1842 Springfield /Harpers Ferry musket.
butt plate. (?)
 
Upvote 0
Similar to a M1841 or Mississippi rifle, the patchbox cutout is a little different though.
24308.jpg
 
Upvote 0
The Wizard post was the lost post that was meant for The Random Chat Thread (RCT)... sorry bout that... post deleted.
 
Upvote 1

Similar threads

Replies
6
Views
820
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
556

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom