✅ SOLVED Colonial Paratrooper buttons ??

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what these are, haven't had any luck with Google. Anyone recognize these neat buttons?
20220530_142826.jpg

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what these are, haven't had any luck with Google. Anyone recognize these neat buttons?
View attachment 2029652
It may have something to do with bicycling or motorcycling. There is a Cyclist's Touring Club in the UK with a very similar emblem.

Old_CTC_sign.jpeg

Upvote 7

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which would you recommend to read first?
Street without Joy, It goes into the entire war,in Vietnam,Laos and Cambodia. Hell in A Very Small Place is specifically on Dien Bien Phu,which set the stage for France,s retreat from Indochina and America,s entry to Vietnam. You probably know,but Indochina encompassed all of North and South Vietnam,Laos and Cambodia.

Upvote 1

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Street without Joy, It goes into the entire war,in Vietnam,Laos and Cambodia. Hell in A Very Small Place is specifically on Dien Bien Phu,which set the stage for France,s retreat from Indochina and America,s entry to Vietnam. You probably know,but Indochina encompassed all of North and South Vietnam,Laos and Cambodia.
Thanks for the recommend. I ordered a copy of Street. There's an awful lot I don't know; this will fill in a gap.

Upvote 1

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those who reacted with WOW! I wasn,t trying to be cute or diminish toecutter,s find,it was an attempt to place a bit of knowledge out there,that,s all.If anyone is offended,I apologize,no offense meant.

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread