What's new

Colonial Sword Guard ?? and a couple mystery items

Smilodon

Full Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2011
Messages
200
Reaction score
607
Golden Thread
0
Location
Charleston sc
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Been a while and just had a chance to hit an area that seems like it has never been touched before. Only had a half an hour but dug these three items. The one looks like a sword guard and would love to know if anyone knows the age, the others not positive on so any help is appreciated. Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0688.webp
    IMG_0688.webp
    115.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0689.webp
    IMG_0689.webp
    89 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0690.webp
    IMG_0690.webp
    386.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0691.webp
    IMG_0691.webp
    275.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0693.webp
    IMG_0693.webp
    168.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0692.webp
    IMG_0692.webp
    278.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0694.webp
    IMG_0694.webp
    151.3 KB · Views: 82
If its is a sword guard that would be freakin cool I would go back for the sword lol Nice relics
 
Upvote 0
looks to be marked on right hand side pic. #3 , but I cant read it
 
Upvote 0
It's a colonial-era British Infantry Hanger sword guard, I believe. Clean off that writing on the side of it, and it should help you narrow it down. REALLY cool find!
 
Upvote 0
It's a colonial-era British Infantry Hanger sword guard, I believe. Clean off that writing on the side of it, and it should help you narrow it down. REALLY cool find!
I looked at it and I can see some marking. I can see R N engraved in it but can't make out the rest. Hope this helps
 
Upvote 0
That’s very cool, looks like sword guard for sure, nice job!!!!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom