What's new

Colonial Whats it????

pjroo33

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
631
Reaction score
90
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial What's it????

This was found in an area where I've pulled many colonial items. Not sure what it could be. It resembles the screw down for a flint lock, but the holed end is not threaded. Any idea's????
 

Attachments

  • all 3.webp
    all 3.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 901
  • all 4.webp
    all 4.webp
    41 KB · Views: 912
  • all 3.webp
    all 3.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 891
  • all 4.webp
    all 4.webp
    41 KB · Views: 919
  • all 5.webp
    all 5.webp
    89 KB · Views: 937
  • all 6.webp
    all 6.webp
    54.2 KB · Views: 949
  • all 7.webp
    all 7.webp
    106.3 KB · Views: 949
Re: Colonial What's it????

It's either the top peace of a lamp shade or the peace that covers a door hinge pin end. Frank
 
Upvote 0
Re: Colonial What's it????

Is it lead or some magnetic metal? If lead could be a bullet that has been carved on. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Re: Colonial What's it????

A bullet transformed into game token ... make these things was common during times of boredom in the trenches. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Colonial What's it????

Looks similar to an old rivet to me. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Colonial What's it????

I agree with Monty; if it is lead, it's probably a carved Civil War bullet. Nice finds, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Re: Colonial What's it????

I agree with Breezie agreeing with Monty that it may be a carved bullet if it's lead:icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Re: Colonial What's it????

Frankn said:
It's either the top peace of a lamp shade or the peace that covers a door hinge pin end. Frank

Agree. Ball tip from a hinge pin. (If it isn't made of lead...)

206084-lg.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Re: Colonial What's it????

Aaron, I found one of those at the Park near Ryan's. You know what park I am talking about. Don't think mine was lead though? I'd have to "re find" it in all the crap I have collected :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
574
Replies
6
Views
837

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom