What's new

Color test

pepperj

Diamond Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
52,314
Reaction score
207,521
Golden Thread
1
Location
Eastern Ontario Canada
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I started to play around with a light box.
I took some photos with different background colors.

I would really appreciate all comments regarding what I can improve on my skills and what colors are good.

I have noticed dust on my lens.
Still a long ways of knowing the camera even.

I had some samples brought to me from storage.
31+yrs of sitting there, so I am going to be moving some things out in the future.
Thanks
DSCN2735_10.webp
DSCN2734_10.webp
DSCN2733_10.webp
DSCN2730_9.webp
DSCN2725_1.webp
DSCN2723.webp
DSCN2718.webp
DSCN2709_1.webp
DSCN2717.webp
DSCN2707.webp
DSCN2700_1.webp
 
The green stone ring with the gray background looks great, also the blue stone with the same gray background. I think the true colors of the rings show better.
The white works well also.
The black background really darkens the recesses in the jewelry.
The colorful backgrounds reflect off the pieces. They look nice but it changes the color of the metal and stone.
 
They all look pretty great, but I do think the neutral backgrounds (white, grey, black) give the best overall result.
 
Photos look great, I liked the white or the black backgrounds best. In videography, I've been using a color checker to get the best color match under all lighting conditions. I just started using the color checker to create a profile for the camera I've been using to take pics of my finds in the light box.

I use Spyder Checker from Datacolor.

What type/brand of camera are you using?
 
Photos look great, I liked the white or the black backgrounds best. In videography, I've been using a color checker to get the best color match under all lighting conditions. I just started using the color checker to create a profile for the camera I've been using to take pics of my finds in the light box.

I use Spyder Checker from Datacolor.

What type/brand of camera are you using?
Thanks for the info.
I'm using a Nikon P1000.
Challenging for this project.
 
Nice work. In the first photo the blue background showed the open areas of the ring more clearly.
 
Thanks for the info.
I'm using a Nikon P1000.
Challenging for this project.
Nikon P1000, what a zoom! 3000mm, great for moon pics. I use a Panasonic Lumix ZS80D. It's a pocket size camera with features similar to my larger Lumix G9. I switched to Panasonic from Olympus a few years ago.

You're doing great. Those pics are very clear with awesome detail. Try some moon pics with that zoom!
 
Nikon P1000, what a zoom! 3000mm, great for moon pics. I use a Panasonic Lumix ZS80D. It's a pocket size camera with features similar to my larger Lumix G9. I switched to Panasonic from Olympus a few years ago.

You're doing great. Those pics are very clear with awesome detail. Try some moon pics with that zoom!
I'm not too good at moon shots.
Here's an eclipse 3/15/21

DSCN0517.webp
 
Are these works of yours? The jewelry that is.
Yes,
I had this dream of importing silver jewelry and handicrafts back in 1992/3.

We were backpacking for 14 months, and along the way I started buying silver, and other stuff.

I started selling it from the summer of 1993- Mother's Day of 1994.

At which I had a realization that I was not able to make enough money flogging jewelry and handicrafts.

So I put the silver in a vault at a buddy's jewelry exchange.

I checked on it a few years back, took some photos, and that's all.

I had a friend pick up some random samples over the holidays while they were in Toronto.
Now I have to at least start the process of getting it done.
Not sure what the plan is yet.
A tad overwhelming to deal with.
 
Those are all outstanding. I think I like the ones best that don't reflect the background color on the metal, but I do like them all.
 
I started to play around with a light box.
I took some photos with different background colors.

I would really appreciate all comments regarding what I can improve on my skills and what colors are good.

I have noticed dust on my lens.
Still a long ways of knowing the camera even.

I had some samples brought to me from storage.
31+yrs of sitting there, so I am going to be moving some things out in the future.
Thanks
View attachment 2187404View attachment 2187405View attachment 2187406View attachment 2187407View attachment 2187408View attachment 2187409View attachment 2187410View attachment 2187411View attachment 2187412View attachment 2187413View attachment 2187414
It all looks great to me pepps🌶️! Good work!
 
Wow! You made those! That's awesome, wish you were here so id get you to make my misses a ring from the gold I found!
Well done 👍👍
Sorry I have no such talent for making such things like these.
#4&8 are from Indonesia, the last one is from Rajasthan.
The big stone decorative cuff bracelets are from Nepal.
The blue stones are Lapis, the Tourquoise stones were beads sliced in half.
The blue is newer Tourquoise, the green is much older Touquoise.
The 1 bracelet with the red stones are red coral.
 
Sorry I have no such talent for making such things like these.
#4&8 are from Indonesia, the last one is from Rajasthan.
The big stone decorative cuff bracelets are from Nepal.
The blue stones are Lapis, the Tourquoise stones were beads sliced in half.
The blue is newer Tourquoise, the green is much older Touquoise.
The 1 bracelet with the red stones are red coral.
Aahh. Got it. I think Tesorodeoro may have been thinking along the same track.
👍
 
Fab pics Peps! For me.. the black backgrounds are the bestest… but all are pretty special xx 🤗
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom