Colorado Prospecting. South Platte, Clear Creek and Denver.

I couldn't wait to get back to my hole from yesterday. It was an amazing dig, I stayed for almost 3 hours. With every scoop into the bazooka I could see tons of sparkling gold crawling down. I didn't do a clean out until the end, I checked my tailings and wasn't losing any so I just kept on digging. I didn't have to dig deep maybe only 6"or so and there was only a single piece of birdshot in the cons which I thought was unusual. What an amazing clean out though... 1.66g! That's 2.42 grams in two days from one hole :icon_thumright:

jan101.jpg jan102.jpg
jan103.jpg jan105.jpg
jan104.jpg

Last edited:
that's amazing. my river is so dug i can run 10, 5 gallon buckets for just a pinch of gold. beautiful looking stuff.

Wow, I'm just jealous!

I need to get off CC and start researching these little creeks! Wish I didn't live in the Springs and was closer! Nice haul!

Way to go man, This makes me want to return to TNET.. almost..lol

I met up with Dennis aka Hunt4gold and we ran our bazookas in the same stretch of the creek as the last two digs. Had a good time meeting another Tnet member! We had enough water flow and set up sluices to dig the same bend and both got some awesome gold! Can't ask for a better day than that.
Total gold today is 1.02g :icon_thumleft:

Dennis digging.
jan12th1.jpg jan12th2.jpg
My two cleanouts. They were mixed together before I brought them home.
jan12th3.jpg jan12th4.jpg
1.02g
jan12th5.jpg jan12th6.jpg

Last edited:
Love, love, love it!

PS I know that spot!

Nice chunky bits!!

I also wanted to mention I've done a lot of mapping the Denver area, especially the South Platte. I have some very promising spots I want to go check out now that I have the bazooka sluice and if anyone wants to come with (looking at you grizzly) let me know! As far as I can tell the spots haven't been touched by prospectors! Before Chatfield Reservoir was the built the South Platte took a different course downstream. Using maps as far back as 1937 I overlayed the river with its current flow and I found a large bend that overlaps over a past large bend. Anyone interested send me a PM and I'll show you the map :icon_thumleft:

If you're ever looking for company, I'm always down to dig! Would love to get off CC and hit some of the smaller creeks, but I live in the Springs, so I'm not familiar with all the small creeks in town. I'm retired and my only commitment is volunteering Wednesdays at the Western Museum of Mining and Industry here in the Springs (tours at 10 & 1; if anyone wants to check it out on a Wed, let me know you're coming and I'll take care of the admission!). I've got places to work in the summer, but over the winter I look forward to poking around at lower elevations and enjoying being out & about. be glad to buy dinner and your beverage of choice at the end of the day! :)

Way to go man, This makes me want to return to TNET.. almost..lol

Yeah come back! I was following your posts like crazy back before my hiatus.

If you're ever looking for company, I'm always down to dig! Would love to get off CC and hit some of the smaller creeks, but I live in the Springs, so I'm not familiar with all the small creeks in town. I'm retired and my only commitment is volunteering Wednesdays at the Western Museum of Mining and Industry here in the Springs (tours at 10 & 1; if anyone wants to check it out on a Wed, let me know you're coming and I'll take care of the admission!). I've got places to work in the summer, but over the winter I look forward to poking around at lower elevations and enjoying being out & about. be glad to buy dinner and your beverage of choice at the end of the day! :)

I'm always up for digging with a fellow T-Net'r! I can't promise the gold quantities in my past few posts though that was quite the honey hole.

I'm always up for digging with a fellow T-Net'r! I can't promise the gold quantities in my past few posts though that was quite the honey hole.

Been digging CC for a few years, I'm used to being disappointed ;)

Met up with Hunt4gold and KevinInColorado today! There was snow on the ground and we had to break the ice on the top of the creek just to get our sluices set up. After we cleared the ice we all got what looked like some very nice gold :icon_thumright:. This stretch of the creek has really been nice. There's seems to be fine gold across most of the bottom maybe due to the creeks size, however when the thin gold line is hit the top of the sluice lights up with color!

Heres some pics of our operation. Mr.Hunt4gold is up stream, followed by Mr.KevinInColorado and I'm set up just below that. I might have been running too close actually as my bazookas bottom level got filled with tailings from upstream and I had to do a cleanout and rerun a bit of my tailings to be sure to pick up any lost gold. Regardless my pan was looking very happy by the end! Clean out pics will be updated asap. In all had a good time with a fun dig thanks guys!

jan18th1.jpg

jan18th2.jpg

Last edited:
Good times, good folks, good gold!!

Clean out time! Brought in a very healthy .71g! :occasion14:

jan18th3.jpg

jan18th4.jpg

jan18th5.jpg

Very nice. Hope mine is as good from today!!

Very nice. Hope mine is as good from today!!
you guys are making it really hard not to load the ute and head off for a couple of days in the hills leaving the wife to deal with the rugrats... the only thing is the main road to my creek has a couple of small trees blocking it, one is 10' - 12' diameter and the second ( about 1/2 mile further up) is about 6' diameter.Crews will be there a couple of days as the armco barrier needs replacing also 😕

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back