COMING SOON -- complete carbon-fiber shafts for Minelab GPX 4500/4800/5000... *UPDATED -- NOW AVAILABLE*

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all!

I am in the process of prototyping complete carbon-fiber shafts for Minelab's GPX 4500/4800/5000 series detectors. If you have any interest, or questions, please let me know. Shafts will be sent out to a couple of testers within a week or so, and then hopefully available for production shortly thereafter.

THANKS!

Steve

www.stevesdetectorrods.com
www.facebook.com/stevesdetectorrods

email: [email protected]

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The GPX 4500/4800/5000 complete shafts are now ready for "prime time," and are for sale now. Please contact me here via PM, or at [email protected] for ordering details.

THANKS!

Steve

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you going to make any rods (mainly lower) for the XP Deus 2?

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mark -- good to hear from you! I'm actually hard at work on a Deus prototype complete shaft. It's an expensive shaft to design, with several molds needed (carbon-fiber molds and plastic injection molds), but the shaft should be REALLY nice if I can overcome the financial hurdles to bring it to market...

Thanks!

Steve

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear! I find the stock shaft system to be pretty springy/flexy. With the 9" coil, it's not big issue, but, when they come out with the 13" coil, I'd like something stiffer to mount that coil. It makes coil changes much quicker too with no wires to contend with. I mainly would just need the lower shaft, but, might be interested in a full one depending on price. I'm only 5'10" but I find that the stock shaft could be a bit longer for my taste. I've got it maxed out and it's adequate, but, a couple of inches more in length would be more desirable to me. The added length would probably make it less flexible at the joint too.

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mark -- yes, I've briefly swung a Deus II, and that "flex" is something I IMMEDIATELY noticed.

Unfortunately, my lower rods would not be compatible with the stock shaft, as the stock shaft uses "non-round" tubes. Mine would be round, and so not compatible...and thus it would require complete shaft purchase. BUT -- I hope to make it "worth it" for everyone; it would include a carbon-fiber handle, carbon-fiber arm cuff, etc., and would be collapsible in the same way as the stock shaft, but with some ergonomic improvements. Specifically, the other thing I noticed right off, when handling the D2 for the first time, was that the control box sits too far "behind" the handle (i.e. it protrudes "toward the user," away from the handle). As a result, the motion to manipulate your thumb to access the control box buttons is -- to me -- shockingly awkward. My shaft will address that, by moving the control box "forward," i.e. away from the user, toward the coil end of the shaft. This will result in a much more natural hand motion needed for the thumb to access the control-box buttons.

Anyway, I'll keep after it, and hopefully can bring this to market before too terribly long...

Thanks!

Steve

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mark -- yes, I've briefly swung a Deus II, and that "flex" is something I IMMEDIATELY noticed.

Unfortunately, my lower rods would not be compatible with the stock shaft, as the stock shaft uses "non-round" tubes. Mine would be round, and so not compatible...and thus it would require complete shaft purchase. BUT -- I hope to make it "worth it" for everyone; it would include a carbon-fiber handle, carbon-fiber arm cuff, etc., and would be collapsible in the same way as the stock shaft, but with some ergonomic improvements. Specifically, the other thing I noticed right off, when handling the D2 for the first time, was that the control box sits too far "behind" the handle (i.e. it protrudes "toward the user," away from the handle). As a result, the motion to manipulate your thumb to access the control box buttons is -- to me -- shockingly awkward. My shaft will address that, by moving the control box "forward," i.e. away from the user, toward the coil end of the shaft. This will result in a much more natural hand motion needed for the thumb to access the control-box buttons.

Anyway, I'll keep after it, and hopefully can bring this to market before too terribly long...

Thanks!

Steve
Thanks for the info :icon_thumleft: Mark

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used