Compadre 6 or 8

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Start with the Compadre, and REALLY learn it's language. After 500-hours on the headphones, move up to a Silver uMax, or Cibola equipped with the 11" x 8" Double D. Along the way you are going to go back in time, holding history in your hands. You'll find valuable silver coins, and if you're lucky, a gold ring! Good luck my friend! :occasion14:[/QUOTE

uh oh..... I sure hope that 500 hr comment was tongue in cheek. Or else I'm in real trouble. Lol. I only own tesoros and I'm a beginner to boot but am comfortable ...and realistic in saying I just don't have that kinda time. So if not tongue in cheek, your effectively making an argument against using a Tesoro. FYI.... These comments ARE at least slightly tongue in cheek.
kris

Learning how to use a Compadre is super easy! I set the discrimination on my Compadre just high enough to discriminate out a nail, threw a coin on the ground and pinpointed it by x-ing over it. I then handed my Compadre to my uncle who has never used a detector in his life for him to take a few minutes practicing at pinpointing over the coin. I then told him to dig everything that beeped. In no time at all he found a handful of coins. If he had gotten the search coil over a gold ring he would have found one of those as well. The Compadre will find the good stuff, and is super fun to use.

tabman

OP
OP
rob0260

rob0260

Apr 4, 2014
Just got a call from the wife. Campadre is sitting on the kitchen table and I'll be home to try it out tomorrow. Will let you know what I think after a couple hunts. HH.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got a call from the wife. Campadre is sitting on the kitchen table and I'll be home to try it out tomorrow. Will let you know what I think after a couple hunts. HH.

We already know what you'll think.. ^_^ Compadre is a blast and will find plenty for you. Just remember to set the discrimination as low as you can stand, and dig a bit of trash for a while... Just above iron should do it. You'll get used to the machine sounds, and find all the good stuff that way. Some spots will be really trashy though. If you can't stand digging everything, turn the disc up to zinc cent and dig everything that beeps there. You'll get the pennies, dimes, quarters...
Have fun!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread