I agree that it will work fine in the dry and should work in the wet with some adjustments. It will probably false but I'm betting you should still pick up repeatable signals of targets in the sand. You will just have to learn what it is telling you again, it will be different than normal and you may lose some depth. Purchasing the SS would be a good thing to do if you go to the beach enough.... I see you are from Bentleyville, Pa, not to awful far from me here in Ohio. Let me know when you are thinking of a SS and we could get together so you could try one out..... maybe a trip to Erie, lots of targets there for you to get the feel of it....I've thought that making a video of the SS at Erie and selling it as a work out video might make me rich enough to retire! lol
Cliff