What's new

compadre or silver?

macattie88

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
im going to buy a detector very shortly and cant decide between the two...i have heard so many good reviews about both....is the silver worth the extra cash?....i hunt 95% for coins and maybe hit the beach every now and then but that may change if i move to the coast...anyway any advice would be much appreciated.
 
macattie88, I have a Compadre, and have found many silver coins, gold and silver jewelery. I do not hunt beaches. I hunt parks.

If a beach was in my plans, I would go with the Silver so I could adjust the sens. knob. I would strongly recommed the Campadre for anyone to use, plenty deep enough, easy to learn "one knob", and very light unit. Plus it is under one hundred and forty dollars new.

Good luck on your choise, Dirthunter
 
I have both but I can do a little more with my silver uMax, change coils adjust sensativity. There both good detectors but the silver does go a lot deeper.
 
Ive had a Compadre for a few weeks now and can say i like it alot.Its very sensitive to small metals.Have no doubt it will find Rings jewlry etc .Have found manny coins and some interesting trinkets so far.Depth is excelent very easy to adjust very light wait. Price is very reasonable too. Honestly think you cant go wrong with the Compadre or the Silver umax.Good luck :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom