Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Good luck.
No dealers I can find have any, if they still show them on their website they are all out of stock.
None on Amazon, none on Ebay, checked a few forum classifieds and none listed there, either.
Scarce as hens teeth now, one might pop up but most of us that have them seem to be keeping them for various reasons.
I did see two Cibolas on Ebay for sale, one for about $150 and another for $165 with an RSD coil being sold by a dealer out in California with free shipping.
Says it was a wall demo...works perfectly.
If so a really good deal on a Cibola with an upgraded coil for about the price of a Compadre.

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre- Garrett At Pro- Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is also a Tesoro Mojave on marketplace in Colorado with 2 coils for $250. The owner has a Youtube channel in his name and used that machine on several vids. He offers shipping.

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck.
No dealers I can find have any, if they still show them on their website they are all out of stock.
None on Amazon, none on Ebay, checked a few forum classifieds and none listed there, either.
Scarce as hens teeth now, one might pop up but most of us that have them seem to be keeping them for various reasons.
I did see two Cibolas on Ebay for sale, one for about $150 and another for $165 with an RSD coil being sold by a dealer out in California with free shipping.
Says it was a wall demo...works perfectly.
If so a really good deal on a Cibola with an upgraded coil for about the price of a Compadre.

Those are bids on the Cibola's. They will most likely go higher.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
Those are bids on the Cibola's. They will most likely go higher.

Maybe, but one day left on the auctions.
I did track down the dealer in Cali, he has a website and if I was in the market for a Cibola I would be trying to contact him directly and make an offer.
Might not matter but couldn't hurt.
Sometimes going the extra mile and trying human communication could work better than faceless, anonymous auctions.

For under $200 I would jump on that Cibola except for the fact that back in Kansas my high tone Vaq was fantastic but now here in the SE. where I hunt I have massive iron issues and got rid it and a couple extra coils because even though it worked ok here eventually it became a bit too frustrating for me to use compared to others.
Traded it to a dealer in Missouri for a brand new Mojave plus another coil a couple of years ago and for some reason that Mojave shines and works much better in my dirt, don't ask me why, it just does.
Even better than my Compadre in that same dirt.
Total win-win trade for both of us...he got a great tool that I know excels in his area of the country and so did I.
Love it when a plan comes together.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had messaged the guy in Warrenton VA but he wants pick up only, no shipping.

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish y'all were around here, I have too many detectors, most Tesoro. Old acquaintance was a dealer, he dropped the Tesoro line and let me have the few leftovers cheap. I have a couple I like and use a lot, the rest are in their boxes stacked in the closet wasting away.....

I just don't have the nerves to ship one, you get it and it don't work for whatever reason, I'm screwed. Done it once, I'll never do it again.

Kitz

Nov 12, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Golden Umax, Bandido II Umax, Sand Shark. DeepTech Vista X. Minelab Vanquish 540.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I noticed today that a Compadre with 7" coil is on eBay; auction ends Friday.

-Ken

Mojave1

Jul 2, 2018
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish y'all were around here, I have too many detectors, most Tesoro. Old acquaintance was a dealer, he dropped the Tesoro line and let me have the few leftovers cheap. I have a couple I like and use a lot, the rest are in their boxes stacked in the closet wasting away.....

I just don't have the nerves to ship one, you get it and it don't work for whatever reason, I'm screwed. Done it once, I'll never do it again.

I have bought and sold several detectors on Ebay. If item is not as described they can ask for refund but they have to send detector back. Had it happen one time but it was probably my fault for not going into deeper detail about machine. After I got it back I then sent refund. I then relisted and sold it.

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Outlaw, Mojave, Nox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a guy on eBay that has an open box one. I think he wants like $550.00 for it. Yea, cruel!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread