Competition in Georgia

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, looking at the number of viewers at really early hours of the morning has convienced me there's a lot of folks out there taking up the hobby.

I hit several banks yesterday in a southern coastal city. One teller asked the other two if they had any halves, and one replied that the young lady she was assisting had just asked here for the same. I did get $8 from the other two, and did score a 40%er out of it.

At another bank when I asked some yahoo standing and yakking with the security guard said "Sounds like you're looking for silver." I didn't respond as civilly as I should as I preceived he was eaves dropping.

Hit another bank. The bottom fell out as I was crossing the parking lot and I got soaked in just a few seconds. Got to the teller and after asking about halves, he looked me up and down (I was wet) and told me it was my unlucky day.... someone had been in that morning and bought the 300+ dollars in halves they had in the vault.

So now I had three verifiable instances in one day that there's knowladge and intrest in our hobby here in the southland.......

I did manage to scrounge a few rolls here and there, $20 here, $40 there, $640 at one place, $10 at another, a few loose ones. The loose ones yielded one 40%er, seemed all the hand rolls were duds.

The $640 was a buldging quarter box that had been retaped, and 14 hand rolls. All of the loose rolls were 1776-1976, common. Nothing to keep. I opened the box, and it consisted of several type of hand rolls, and a majority of shotgun rolls, some of which had been opened. Hand rolls all had dates written on them, and were correct. No keepers so far, but I'm only about half through it. BTW, the shotguns were brown/black Well's Fargo. They are producing nothing so far.

Howevah............

I did pull three hand rolls from one branch. I just had to ~ you bouys and gulls know the deal ~ pop them in the truck. Each was loaded. Pulled 23 40%ers from those three rolls.

I ain't done yet, still have half a box to check, but they don't seem to have any keepers.

And I did learn..... there's others out there here in the Golden Isles cutting into my past time........

Robin

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions