Jaichim24
Sr. Member
I found this intact bullet, along with several discharged samples at a house that dates back to 1860, borders on main street of the town which was incorporated in 1712.
I've posted another topic in the what is it forum in regards to another in tact bullet that appears to maybe be a toy, but this one I know is real.
It appears to be a rim fired type bullet.
I would like to lean towards it being a Spencer type round, perhaps a 56-56, but the actual shell looks to be too long for that.
I know some of you Civil War buffs out there will be able to point me in the right direction.
If someone could provide guidance on the date it was made, the type, size, purpose of the round, and perhaps what types of firearms were used to shoot it that would be very cool!
Thanks in advance for your input and assistance.
Jai
PS, sorry about the last pic showing so much stuff, but it's in there as a point of reference for the size of the shell since there are some well know object in it.
I've posted another topic in the what is it forum in regards to another in tact bullet that appears to maybe be a toy, but this one I know is real.
It appears to be a rim fired type bullet.
I would like to lean towards it being a Spencer type round, perhaps a 56-56, but the actual shell looks to be too long for that.
I know some of you Civil War buffs out there will be able to point me in the right direction.
If someone could provide guidance on the date it was made, the type, size, purpose of the round, and perhaps what types of firearms were used to shoot it that would be very cool!
Thanks in advance for your input and assistance.
Jai
PS, sorry about the last pic showing so much stuff, but it's in there as a point of reference for the size of the shell since there are some well know object in it.
Attachments
-
100_1957.webp67.3 KB · Views: 279 -
100_1958.webp72.6 KB · Views: 263 -
100_1955.webp67.9 KB · Views: 269 -
100_1956.webp42.6 KB · Views: 260 -
100_1947.webp72.9 KB · Views: 268 -
100_1942.webp70 KB · Views: 278 -
100_1957.webp67.3 KB · Views: 261 -
100_1958.webp72.6 KB · Views: 268 -
100_1955.webp67.9 KB · Views: 263 -
100_1956.webp42.6 KB · Views: 261 -
100_1960.webp57.2 KB · Views: 272 -
100_1947.webp72.9 KB · Views: 268 -
100_1942.webp70 KB · Views: 258
Monty






