What's new

Completed a Jefferson set from circulation

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
1,184
Reaction score
282
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started on Christmas day and found the last coin (38S) tonight. I went through 54 boxes and finished in one month.

P1221685.webp

P1221684.webp

P1251693.webp

P1251694.webp

P1251695.webp

Happy Hunting everyone!
 
Upvote 0
Congrats! :headbang: That has to be a record time for completing the set :notworthy:
 
silvereagle78 said:
Congrats! :headbang: That has to be a record time for completing the set :notworthy:

Thanks! I was pounding Nickels pretty hard, more than 10 boxes a week. I live in one of the biggest cities with a major I-x0 freeway passing through. Also my area gets coins from both mints. I guess that's why I am able to complete a Jefferson set so fast. If someone in California try it, the 1950 and 1955 may be very hard. On the east coast, people may have a hard time to find 38D and 39D. The 38S, 39S, and 50D will be hard for most area. I was very lucky I guess.

SoCalMark said:
Fantastic!! What's next?

Go back to halves, trying to finish my circulated Franklin, 3 coins left (53,55,56). This can be a fluke or a dream never come true. Never even think about completing a circulated Walker set at all.

Keep doing nickels at a slower pace until I find a nice V nickel for my US type album.
 
Fantastic!

BTW, can you give us an estimate on how many V's, Buffalo's, war nickels, and proofs you have found so far?
 
Wow. Congrats. I'm looking for my 39D and have been for a loooong time. Like 400 boxes worth of time.
 
That's as awesome as it is incredible.

One month; and you completed the set. I guess ten boxes a week would help, but geez; that's still beyond my comprehension.

Obviously, mucho kudos and thanks for sharing.

For you beginners/novices out there, this is not typical. In fact, very, very far from it. It usually takes years. (sometimes a lifetime)
 
Wow, thats amazing to complete it that quickly. Congrats!
 
Coins4Cheese said:
Fantastic!

BTW, can you give us an estimate on how many V's, Buffalo's, war nickels, and proofs you have found so far?

Thanks!

V Nickel: 0
Buffalo: 17 (5 readible; 12 dateless; 2 dateless are type1)
War Nickel: 45 (less than 1 per box)
Proof: 4 (60,64,77s,93s)

Thanks everyone for your appreciation!
 
Impressive to do it in such a short time, congrats.. I'm only missing a couple jeffersons. I don't really search many nickels, I used to.. I hit a jackpot a while back of 16 rolls of all pre 60 nickels, that almost completed my jeff-nickels. Since then it's been all half hunting.
 
You did very well Yenzi, I have been at the nickels for about 3 months now and I only need the 38S to finish set, it's just the luck of the draw really, we don't get many S's in our area,I hunt a lot of nickels by the way. Thanks. Dennis.
 
Nice job. I'm still working on my nickel album and just need 38s, 39s and 48s. I live in the midwest. We see some s nickels but mostly p's and some d's.

Again, congratulations on your efforts.

OWS
 
The last person I saw that completed it went through about 600k nickels. You did it 108k! Impressive. I have been through 215k and I still have five left.
 
I'm still missing 38S and 39D. I've gone through over $200 per week for the last two years.

So far I have found 2 V Nickels,
over one tube of buffalo's,
several tubes of war nickels,
many proofs,
countless batteries, pennies, safety pins, jewelry, etc.....
3 1950D nickels
and one silver roosevelt.
 
XX said:
I'm still missing 38S and 39D. I've gone through over $200 per week for the last two years.

So far I have found 2 V Nickels,
over one tube of buffalo's,
several tubes of war nickels,
many proofs,
countless batteries, pennies, safety pins, jewelry, etc.....
3 1950D nickels
and one silver roosevelt.

Sounds like you're from the east coast too :-\ . Good luck, you'll find them!
 
Did you keep all pre60 coins? If so how many total did you find?
 
klava said:
Did you keep all pre60 coins? If so how many total did you find?

No, not all pre-60 coins. Only war-nickels, s-mint, and some nice shape ones. I do keep a record of how many in each box.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom